Taking A Break | Chapter 1

YG ENTERTAINMENT HAS RELEASED A STATEMENT THAT THE DATING RUMOR ABOUT BLACKVELVET's KIM JENNIE AND BTS's KIM TAEHYUNG ARE NOT REAL.

HYBE and YG Entertainment, together, denies the dating rumor about their artists' and clarifies that the two korean idols are only close friends.

1st of January 2022, Dispatch released a couple of pictures involving BLACKVELVET's Kim Jennie and BTS's Kim Taehyung and claimed that the two korean idols are indeed dating, the new "couple" of the year 2022.

"Taehyung and Jennie are close friends since trainees. They are nothing more and nothing less. Kindly stop spreading the dating rumor and respect both sides."
- HYBE

"We have talked about the issue with Jennie. She clearly, and clarifies, that there is nothing going on between the two of them and only sees each other as close friends. The Korean Idol wants everyone to stop assuming that there really is something going on between the two of them."
- YG Entertainment

///

"Jen! Have you seen the statement?"

Irene, the oldest member, barged into the brunette's room without even knocking that caused Jennie to flinch and shot up from her bed.

She sighed and relaxed after seeing that it was only the older girl that entered her room. Muttering a "Yes" that was enough for Irene to hear.

Jennie laid down at her bed once again and sighs in relief. She felt the side of her bed dip down and she knew that the oldest member was already sat down making her open her eyes and look straight at the older girl's eyes.

"Is everything alright, Jen?" Irene worriedly asked. She knew Jennie had a hard time for the past two months because of the dating scandal. Many 'fans' of Taehyung attacked the latter, throwing harsh words at her and never thought of what Jennie might have even felt with their words.

Irene was very furious with the two agencies for not clearing up the rumor as soon as they can. They let the rumor spread like a wildfire for two months, thinking that it was a best idea to promote both idols' new solo projects.

Well, it went downhill after those two months. Both Taehyung and Jennie got so much hate and even got death threats making the two agencies decide that they will clear up the rumor. In which the two idols' relief.

"I am, Unnie. It's just that..." Jennie stopped, feeling that her eyes were becoming teary. "...I'm tired of all this, Unnie. They just hate me so much" Jennie continued, wiping the tear that has left her eyes.

"Shh... it's okay... it's all over now, Jennie" Irene immediately engulfed Jennie into a tight hug to comfort the younger girl. She knew how much Jennie was vulnerable but still did her best to not look like one.

She hated when she sees Jennie crying. As the oldest member of the group, she was hurting everytime one of her members feels pain and just wishes to take their pain away.

Their moment was interrupted when there was a knock on the door. Jennie quickly wipes her tear while Irene moves away from her, looking at the door to see who was knocking.

"Jennie?"

Jennie's manager opens the door, smiling softly at the brunette and gave Irene a polite nod.

"The CEO wants to see you... right now" Her manager informs, biting his lower lip as he knows Jennie shouldn't go out after getting away from a rumor. He knows Jennie was just too tired from everything that was going on. But what could he do? He was just like the CEO's servant.