It Takes Time | Chapter 6

After that night, it even made Jennie think about the raven haired more. She was feeling hot. Like hot, hot after what Jisoo had just done.

She looked over at her phone and waited for a certain someone to text her. She couldn't even sleep after last night and it was making her crazy.

"Just what did Jisoo do to me" Jennie murmurs. She doesn't get herself why she was acting like this. Since the airplane encounter, she just couldn't help but think about the raven haired.

Suddenly, Jennie got a call that made her jump up on her bed and look at her phone. Only to see Irene's number, the older member was calling her.

With a slight disappointment that it wasn't the person who she expected to call, she still answered it. "Hi, unnie"

"Hi, Jennie, how are you?" Irene's voice was tired, a crowd was also heard that was chanting their names even Jennie's.

"I'm doing good, unnie! You sound tired, are you okay?" Jennie asked, worried that the older might be overworking herself. She knew how much the older is a hardworker to the point she ended up being admitted in the hospital one time.

"Yeah, I'm cool. Kinda tired but I'm also happy that I get to see our fans" Irene chuckles. The sound of bickering from the other members was clearly heard that made Jennie laugh.

"What are they fighting about now?"

"Joy is angry at Yeri because Yeri ate her sandwich and left nothing for her. Rosé and Wendy, they're just laughing at the chaos" Irene said, sighing deeply. She was very sure that Irene was stressed of them and didn't do anything with it for now.

"Anyway, you seem disappointed when I called, are you perhaps waiting for someone else to call?" Irene teased. The bickering from behind was no longer heard and Jennie's face started heating up.

"W-what? No! No one..."

"Huh.. did our Jennie found someone that she's attracted to in New Zealand?" Irene's tone was still teasing and Jennie cursed at herself for stuttering.

"No... she's attractive but I don't see her that way! I don't like her" Jennie defended herself.

"Oh, wow, Jennie's into girls!" Irene laughed and Jennie facepalms herself. Squeals and cheers from the members were heard and Irene was shushing them.

"I'm not! Jisoo is just attractive and I don't see her or like her in a romantic way!" Jennie immediately covered her mouth for saying Jisoo's name. That even made the members laugh and cheer, chanting 'Jisoo' again and again.

"Yeah, sure... you don't like Jisoo at all" Irene giggles.

"Yeah, that's right. I'm not into her at all. She's beautiful, I mean gorgeous! Like Aphrodite was born again. She's also kind, funny, and well, really cute! But I'm not into her at all... she's really just-"

"-totally your type!" Rosé interrupted, beaming in happiness while Joy behind was shouting something that Jennie couldn't understand.

"She's not!"

This time, Joy was the one who has the phone, laughing continuously. "Oh please! The way you rambled about Jisoo earlier says it all. She's totally your type"

Before Jennie could speak up to defend herself, someone was ringing the doorbell that made her put her phone down and went to open it.

"Oppa, I'm sorry, I-"

Instead of her manager, it was Jisoo, standing in front of her unit.

"Hi! You were out of reach and I saw your... manager earlier, he said he needed to go somewhere and told me to bring you this" Jisoo raised the plastic bag in her hands to show to Jennie. The brunette blinked, in disbelief that her manager just asked someone to give her foods.

"Oh, don't worry, he said that he knew that we were friends, that's why he asked me for a favor" Jisoo explained with a smile.

"Oh, um, right. Please come in, make yourself at home" Jennie steps aside while Jisoo enters her unit. She made way into the kitchen and placed the bento box that the brunette's manager cooked.

"Your manager, thought we were dating at first" Jisoo blurts, chuckling. Jennie choked on air and blushed. She went beside Jisoo and helped her ready the food.

"Well, I'm sorry about that"

Jisoo faced her, smiling. "Don't be. To be honest, I found it cute when he said 'Please take care of Jennie, she's never been in love', and at the same time shocked"

"Why? Have you been in love?" Jennie questions, curiosity striking again and she wanted to know if Jisoo had relationships before.

"Sadly, I have never been in love. There was just some attractions to some people but I don't think what I felt for them was love though. Admiration is the right word" Jisoo replies.

"I don't even know how to express my feelings clearly when it comes to love" Jisoo added, giggling. They were done placing the food on the table and Jisoo excused herself, going to the bathroom.

Jennie sighed. She sat down on the couch and fiddled with her fingers. And that's when Jennie remembered that she was still on call with the girls.

Her eyes widens and dashed away to grab her phone that was in the kitchen. Her eyes even went wider when she saw Jisoo was already holding her phone.

"Oh hey, they were shouting around and decided to give it to you. They asked me how did we—"

Jennie snatched the phone away from the raven haired. "I'll be back quickly!" Jennie shouts, startling Jisoo.

She run to her bedroom, locking it as she placed her phone against her ear.

"She's cute, babe" Joy shouts, and squeals after along with Rosé. Irene laughed and walked away from the girls, the noise was reduced and Jennie heard a door closing.

"Unnie, it's not what you think, really"

"I won't even say anything" Irene laughed that made Jennie pout.

"Besides, we heard your whole conversation earlier. She's never been in love and also you, so that'll be some adventure, don't you think?" Irene added. Jennie whines that even made Irene's laugh louder.

Irene's laughter died down after a while and Jennie also stops whining, relieved that the older isn't teasing her anymore.

"Okay, okay. But you should go slowly, m'kay? It's a risk falling in love, there are consequences, so you should be careful with whom you fall in love with"

"I know, Unnie"

And then Irene laughs again. "So you're ready to be in love with her?"

"Unnie!" Jennie scolds. Her cheeks betraying her and it already turned into crimson red.

"Fine, I'll stop! You take good care in there, Nini!"

"I will, you too, don't stress yourself too much, Unnie. I love you!"

"Goodbye! Say that 'I love you' to Jisoo!" And with that, Irene hangs up before Jennie could even shout at her. The brunette sighed and bits her lower lip.

Slowly. Everything takes time.