Almost | Chapter 24

Everyone was already settled, each one got their own rooms and they were helping Irene get ready with their dinner. On the other hand, Jennie was really distracted and kept looking around, trying to find a certain person, and sighed as she gave up.

Lisa stood beside her, helping her with the plates and smiled at Jennie. "Irene unnie said dinner is almost ready," She started. Jennie nods her head, not clearly understanding what Lisa just said since she was hesitating whether to ask the younger where Jisoo was.

"So, can you please call Jisoonie for dinner? Upstairs, the room with portière beads"

Well, atleast Jennie didn't have to try and ask Lisa. She nods her head and bumps into Joy on her way upstairs, a grin on her face which made it obvious that her and Lisa planned it. Making her way upstairs, Irene was also there, with a piece of folded paper in her hands.

"Where are you going? Dinner's almost ready" Irene questions, eyebrows raising while Jennie explained why she was upstairs. Irene then lets her go, and leaves her upstairs.

When Jennie was in front of the door, that Lisa said with portière beads, she knocked a few times before making her way inside. It was painted white with paintings hanging, and along with it was antiques. The brunette smiled and admired the paintings, antiques, until her attention was caught with an instrument playing.

There Jisoo, sitting on the floor with a Geomungo. A traditional stringed instrument. Jennie had heard about it, but she never saw one -- some even said that it was hard to play. Jisoo had her eyes focused in the instrument that she didn't noticed Jennie's presence.

Jisoo stopped playing it when she saw someone sitting in front of her. Looking up, she saw Jennie staring in awe making her smile at Jennie's adorable face.

"I didn't notice you entered"

"Oh, right, uhm..." Jennie stood up and nervously chuckles. She backs away and stood beside the door, clearing her throat. "Irene unnie said dinner's almost ready, I was asked to inform you, so here I am"

"Ahh... is that so? I'll be down in a bit then" Jisoo smiled and it instantly made Jennie's heart flutter. She turned to leave, but when she twisted the knob, it didn't open -- which made her frown. She tried again and again but it still didn't open.

Jisoo was confused why Jennie just stood there and placed the instrument down, approaching Jennie and asked what was wrong. The brunette informed her what was happening, immediately making her check what was wrong. Then, Jisoo sighs.

"Did you remove any paper when you entered? This door is broken and it'll lock without a paper in between it's lock" Jisoo explained. Jennie shakes her head as she doesn't remember removing any paper.

"The only way to get out, someone must open the door from the other side" Jisoo added.

While Jisoo tried figuring out how to get out of the room. Jennie's forehead creases after she remembered the only person who went upstairs.

Irene. She remembered Irene held a folded piece of paper making her facepalm herself. Therefore, Jennie conclude that Irene was part of the crime of the maknaes.

"Lisa won't answer her phone. That girl must be so busy on eating that she can't hear her phone ringing at all" Jisoo groans. She tried kicking the door but it won't even budge a little.

Jennie sighs. "Lisa obviously won't answer her phone if this was their idea.."

"What?"

"Nothing. Why don't you try calling Seulgi?" Jennie suggested. She was sure that Seulgi wasn't part of this idea. Jisoo excused herself, and Jennie stayed beside the door.

After a while, Jisoo came back with a smile on her face; telling Jennie that she had called for help from Seulgi and that the latter was on the way. Jennie wasn't really sure why she felt sad after knowing they'll eventually get out, but she shrugged her thoughts away, making herself 'busy' when Jisoo sat down beside her.

Jisoo clears her throat and looks at Jennie, who was fiddling with her fingers. She avoids the eye contact once Jennie looked at her before scooting more beside Jennie, leaving no space between their arms.

"Uhm... I have never really had the chance to apologize to you since yesterday" Jisoo utters, starting a conversation. It confused Jennie for a while, then remembers what Jisoo was talking about making her sigh.

"That night..."

"Yeah... I'm really sorry about that, Jennie" Jisoo apologized, biting her lower lip and fiddles with her finger. "I wanted to hug you at that moment, but I figured it wasn't the best to do when they're everywhere..."

Jennie heaves out a sigh, resting her head against Jisoo's shoulder -- which caught Jisoo off guard but didn't pushed Jennie away. She held Jisoo's hands, caressing it softly.

"I missed this," Jennie utters. It surely gave a tingly feeling to the both of them. Jisoo also rests her head against Jennie's, and interlocked their fingers together.

"I missed you" Both said in unison.

Jennie takes in a deep breath and stood up. "Chu, I have something important to tell you"

Jisoo nods her head, signing Jennie to continue. The brunette opens her mouth, but then hesitates once again. She felt her heart beating rapidly making her bite her inner cheek.

"Jen," Jisoo stood up, placing her hands at Jennie's shoulder, smiling. "You don't have to force yourself if you still don't wish to tell me"

"No... I have to... I have been feeling this way back when we first met. I have just..." Jennie stops, taking in a deep breath. "I've already confirmed it, and I'm ready to risk it all, and tell you."

"Kim Jisoo, I like---"

"Jisoo! Goodness, how can you be so careless? How did the paper even vanish? Gosh, I told you that you should change your door knob" Seulgi first thing did was scold the raven haired after opening the door. It made Jennie silently whine and immediately got out of the room, running back in the kitchen.

She saw Joy and Lisa looking at her in shock, as if they didn't expect Jennie. Later on, Jisoo with Seulgi, also arrived. While Jisoo checks up on Jennie why she ran away, Seulgi took a sit as she glares at the two.

"Lisa. Why were they stuck?"

"What?! You let them out?! I mean... I didn't know that they were stuck, glad you knew it" Lisa clears her throat. Seulgi heaves out a sigh, she knew this was Lisa's idea -- and she didn't like it to bits.

Jisoo pats Jennie's shoulder, asking, "What were you about to say earlier?"

"Nothing. Forget about it.." Jennie said, smiling at Jisoo, before taking a sit beside Rosé.

Almost. I almost did it... What could have happened if I did?