Party At Jackson's | Chapter 3

Oh gosh. I'm so tired.

Jennie slumped down on her bed and heaves out a deep sigh. She just arrived on her hotel room and she won't even lie that the trip, back to New Zealand, was really tiring.

She opens her eyes and squints it for her to adjust at the lighting that was displayed on her ceiling. Staring at it for God knows how long, a smile crept up to her lips after remembering the cute stranger she met on the plane.

Will I ever meet her again?

Jennie thought. She was wondering where or what purpose that the stranger ended up being here in New Zealand. Was she somewhere in Auckland? Was she born and raised in New Zealand too? Those questions never failed to cross her mind.

But her Korean was so fluent also her looks wasn't something like the west, it was an asian look. Maybe the girl was Korean and has businesses to attend to in New Zealand? Who knows, right?

God, I should stop thinking about her.

With that thought, Jennie shrugs it all away and walks her way on the bathroom to clean herself up. While washing her face, she received a call from someone. Turning the tap off, she checked who was calling her and it turned out to be her mother, making her grin.

"Mom!"

"Jennie! Have you arrived? Oh my gosh, if your manager didn't even tell me, I wouldn't know you were in New Zealand right now!"

Jennie giggles. She could already imagine her mother doing her pout.

"Mom, don't be so dramatic! I just wanted to surprise you... and maybe, I forgot to tell you too" Jennie replies, continuously giggling. Her mother gasped dramatically, making Jennie roll her eyes but also smiled because of her mother's childishness.

"Oh come on, mom, I'll just visit you tomorrow" Jennie added, to make her mother less sad, or maybe less dramatic.

"Boo! Don't go in my house" Her mother says. There it is again, her mother being childish.

"Aww... but I wanted to spend time with you!" Jennie said, pouting.

"Nope. I'm not at home at the moment, but it's your fault, you never told me you're going back that's why I book myself a plane ticket to Japan" Her mother replies. Jennie already knew that her mother was smirking.

"Just tell me that you have some business there and that'll make everything less dramatic" Jennie laughs. She got out of the bathroom and slumped herself back on her bed, groaning in satisfaction.

"But I like dramatic things! Anyway, yes, I have something important to take care of here. I'll be back maybe next week of the other week or the other other week or the other-"

"Mom! Alright, I get it! You always make everything so dramatic"

Her mother laughs in response. She loved annoying her daughter so much that it became a habit whenever the brunette called her. She knew Jennie liked every bits of it when she was annoying her.

"Okay, sweetie. I'll be off right now. Goodnight, Ruby Jane! I love you!" Her mother tells, finally bidding goodbye at her daughter.

"Goodnight, mom. Be safe, I love you too" Jennie responded before hanging up her phone. She sighs and looks at the big glass window at her bedroom. It perfectly showed the city lights and it made her smile, feeling happy at the sight.

She fell fast asleep just by staring at the view. With a smile placed on her lips. She was happy to be home again.

///

Waking up because of the sun beam made Jennie groan in annoyance. She hated being awake by those goddamn sunrays. She looked over at her clock and saw that it was already past eight.