CHAPTER I

Seulgi's POV

"Are you really sure about this Seulgi? What if someone recognizes us? Huh?" Seungwan have been talking nonstop now.

"Come on Wan! We're just gonna jog." I said and started to run this time.

"Yaaah! Why did I even come with you!" she said as she catch up to me. I smiled.

We stopped at a bench and decided to sit first.

"You really are something! A run? At this late? Unbelievable!" She said still catching her breath.

"You know we can't run freely here during the day." I said that made her nod and agree.

"You're right." she said.

Both of us being in the entertainment industry is something we have dreamed of, since we were kids. We actually did not grow up together, we met and got close because of common friends in the industry. The first time we were introduced to each other we already clicked.

"How was the promotions?" I asked.

"It was tiring but you know, that's part of what we signed up for. Besides, my fans are there to cheer me up." she said.

"Just hearing them, gives us some kind of comfort." I said.

"Aren't you preparing for your new album?" she said. I face her, surprised.

"I haven't told you that yet." she just laugh at my reaction.

"You know, you are not really that subtle about it. You keep on spoiling your fans." Oh! I just do that to assure my fans. I chuckle. "Did you record some songs already?"

"I did, but I'm still not sure with some of them." I said.

"Take your time." after saying that, she stands up. "Let's go back now. It's almost midnight already."

The moment I stand up, I felt my tummy rumble.

"Wan, I'm hungry." I said. I face the convenient store, that is just across the street. She shake her head looking at me. I just smiled and drag her there.

We were just a few meters away from the store when I notice a lady, sitting alone outside. She was facing her pad, writing something in there. What really captures my attention is her features. I've never seen someone this pretty. God! Is she even real.

"Seulgi, stop staring at her." That's when I realized I was the one being dragged already. We both entered the store.

"Did you see that lady outside? She's so pretty!" I said, excitedly.

"Of course, I saw! I had to look at where you were looking, that caused you to stop walking." She said. "What if she caught you staring at her, huh? We can't afford getting recognized at this hour Seulgi. I just finished my promotions I don't want to get into trouble with my company now." I get it.

"Let's just buy food and head home already." I said and she agreed.

After getting what we need we went to the counter. Right there, I just remembered I left my wallet. I look back at Seungwan. She first just look at me confused after a few seconds, she closed her eyes. There I know she knows why I look back at her.

"Yah! You didn't bring cash? How are we suppose to pay this?" she pointed at the stuffs that's in the counter, being punched already. I look at the cashier. She's just waiting for us. I remove my gaze from her, quickly.

I know our faces are covered, but It's still better to avoid.

"Excuse me, are you gonna pay or not?" the cashier questioned us. I face Wendy again.

"I'm sorry but we forgot to bring cash with us now. If you don't mind, can we comeback for it? We're just going--"

"You picked up this much but you didn't have cash? Are you serious?" the cashier just burst out in annoyance. I actually understand her.  She just punch in so much for nothing.

"I'm sorry." I bowed to her. I felt a pinch on my side. I look at her, she have this expression like she's trying to tell me something.

"How much is all that?" I heard someone behind me. When I turn to look at who it is... Damn! This is embarassing. The cashier then told her the amount. She just nodded and give the cashier the item she's bringing. "Can you just include this?  I'll be paying for it all." I was shock and just stare right at her.

"You don't have to do it Miss. We were just going to--" Seungwan was cut off.

"Look! I'm in a hurry." She lady said. "I don't have time to talk or wait anymore." She faced the cashier and hand her cash. She got her item. "Keep the change." she said and then rush out of the store.

"She must've really be in a hurry." Seungwan said that caught my attention.

"You guys are lucky." the cashier suddenly spoke. "Do you know each other?"

"No." Wan and I said in unison.

"Oh?" she look at us, curiously. "I thought you knew each other. I was suppose to call the security on you already, before she stepped in." She what?! "You can't blame me. Look at these." she hands us the bags. "The fact that you have no money and you two look like you're hiding from the authority. " Seungwan and I look at each other. "Maybe I should really call--"

"No!" we said in unison.

"Besides, she paid for these already, you also have her change." I said.

"Can't we just all be thankful for her?"  Wendy said. "Sorry again, for earlier." she bowed at the cashier before dragging me out of the convenient store.

"This is the last time we're dong this, Kang Seulgi." She said to me. I just nodded, still thinking about the lady earlier.

We walk back to our homes. We actually live just next door to each other.

I was just silent until we reach the elevator.

"Seulgi!" she caught my attention. "Yah! Kang Seulgi! Are you still thinking about that girl!?" she look at me in disbelief.

"I don't know Wan. There's something in her." I said not only to her but to myself too.

"I get it, she's really pretty." she said in amazement. "How come we don't have a face like hers in the industry?"

"There's a lot of like that Wan. I sometimes think that this industry will just be too cruel for a beauty like her."

"Yah! We're beautiful too!" She whined, getting out of the elevator.

"Of course, we are, but-"

"Fine! Fine! Fine! I can't take you admiring her more Seulgi." she wave her hand infront of me. "I'll go rest now. You should too." she said standing behind her door now. "Maybe that way, you'll stop thinking about her already. Good night Seulgi." she said before closing her door.

Yes, maybe she's right.