Chapter XV

Seulgi's POV

"Y-you're what?" I slowly turn to her direction. I can see her not looking at her iPad now but staring right at me.

"I'm married. I have a spouse." She said again. I was kind of hoping I just misheard her or whatever happened that could convince myself that I did not just heard it. That it was not what she really said, but then it really was it.

I just look at her, I can tell she's not lying or just putting pranks on me. I don't know what to say. I avoided her stare and walk my way to the kitchen. I need a drink.

"Seulgi wait!" She stopped me by my wrist as she stands to block my way. "I know it's such a random thing to say. I just thought you need to know. Also I--" I chuckled at the thought that came into my head.

"You're telling me now that I fell for a married woman?"

"Seul--"

"You could've just said so, Joohyun. Right when I confessed a few weeks ago." I give her a forced smile. "If you chose to keep it from the start, why are you still telling me this when I already stopped acting out what I feel for you? Is this what you want to talk about?" I asked. "It's fine, Hyun. I get it now. Thank you for still informing me though. Maybe what you have said could help me move on faster now." I smiled at her. I'm hurt. I know I said it's not too deep yet but I never exactly thought it went that far already.

"No. I'm not telling you this to help you move on, Seulgi." I give her a confused look. "I'm telling you the real reason why I rejected you..." I laugh a little at that.

"It can help with my moving on process though." She then shake her head.

"But I don't want you to move on, Seulgi." I look at her, surprised at what she just said. "I'm--" I let out a force laugh, cutting her off.

"You're kidding right?" I asked.

"I'm telling you now that I rejected you because I'm married, not because I don't like you. I lied, that time Seulgi. I do like you as much as you do to me. I've been feeling it since then about my marriage--"

"Wait! Can you just please stop." I said to her. "Are you hearing yourself now, Hyun? You just told me you're married! But why are you keeping my hopes up?"

"I'm not---"

"That's exactly what you doing!" I raised my voice this time. What is she thinking?! "You don't want me to move on? Then what? I can't even date you!" I took a deep breath.

"Seulgi can you listen to me fi--"

"Are you still on your right mind? huh, Hyun? You, asking me such things and you're emotionally cheating to your spouse? How selfish of you to--" This time I was the one cut off by her.

"I am selfish Seulgi!" She raised her voice that surprised me. "and I badly want to be more selfish! I badly want to do the things that's starting to matter to me more now! All my life, I've always been so understanding. I never asked for anything more than one could offer to me. I've always been doing all things right for everyone around me. Is it that bad of me to do something that I think is right for me this time?" I saw how her tears are starting to form in her eyes already.

"Yes!" I answered her honestly. As much as I like her, I don't want to involve myself in a mess. "What your asking is too much, Hyun." She look up to me, blankly. This time a tear drop from her eyes already. She wipe it off.

"I'm asking you to wait, Seulgi. I'm asking you not to move on and wait for me. If that's really too much of me to ask from you, it's fine." She let out a forced smile. "I can't force you into things again, I've done it once already." Just before I could react she turn to walk away already. Next thing I heard a my door being shut closed again.

Why do I feel like I reacted to the whole thing in the wrong way?

Irene's POV

As soon as I got into my car, I burst out all I'm feeling already. I cried.

I can't believe I really went this close with this pull Seulgi has on me. I was so close to breaking down my walls and opening up myself for her. I was there already but she didn't even gave me the chance to speak.

It was when my phone suddenly ring, when I decided to fix and calm myself down before answering it.

"Unnie? I'm at the airport already. Are you guys still there at Seulgi unnie's place?" Jimin spoke on the other line. "We can't delay the flight now unnie, we have to get there before dinner." She reminded me. Right! We're flying back to the states now.

"I'm on my way, Jimin-ah." I said trying to hide that I just came from crying, to Jimin.

"Wait! You're alone?" she asked. I just answered yes. "Okay then. Did you call your lawyer already unnie?"

"I did. She will just meet us there." I answered as I'm putting my seatbelt on.

"Are you sure Suho Oppa's gonna sign them?" Jimin asked.

"Let's just talk about it when I get there. I'm driving my way there already." I said before I started the engine.

"Okay unnie. Please drive safe." I hummed as response before I ended the call. I look at the building again before I drove off.

My life's about to get messed up more. It's a first that I'm losing control now, but if I really want to free myself, it's the best way to go.