Chapter XXVI

Irene's POV

We arrived with Mom cooking breakfast already. Seulgi being tempted with food, we end up eating with Mom. We talked for almost two hours, I think, in the dinning table. She asked us how Seulgi and I happened, and Seulgi did all the talking. She was sharing how I pushed her away, like she's reporting me to my own mother. Mom being Mom, she just laugh at what Seulgi was saying. From talking about us, Mom asked about Jimin and how she's doing with her training. That's how the talk went longer.

At almost 7 am, we took our rest. We decided to go to Suho in the afternoon. After lunch we prepared ourselves. This time, I'm driving our way there.

Seulgi's busy with some work uncle just sent her this morning. I said to her that I can go alone but she insist. She even said that she needs to be there, incase I change my mind. Can you believe her?!

During the ride she was reading something on her tab. I felt her look at me from time to time and made sure to answer me when I talk to her.

"We're here." I said, as I parked the car on the side of the road. She stopped what she's doing and put her tablet on the car compartment and took the envelope of divorce papers. I laugh at what I just witnessed. "Are you that eager?" I asked.

"Of course I am." She said, removing her seatbelt.

"What if he won't sign it?"

"Then I'll be marrying his girlfriend instead." She said that made me smack her arm. She laugh at my reaction. "I'm kidding. I'm only marrying you." huh? I just realized what she had said. I removed my seatbelt and went out of my car. I felt my face heating up already. I fan myself as soon as I got out.

Next thing I heard was the closing of my car door and her giggles.

"Come on now, Hyun." She called. I glared at her, she still had that smile on her face.

We walk to the exact house written in the address, and the same from what we've seen in those photos. I felt her hold my hand.

"You ready?" I look up to her and nodded. She smiled at me.

As we almost reach the front door she got a call. She checked who it is and was about to end it but I stopped her.

"Answer it Seulgi." She look at me. "Uncle knows where we are and what we're doing. If he's calling you now, it might be important." I said to her. She was still about to protest but I didn't let her. "Plus, I wanted to talk to him first, alone?" I squeeze her hand.

"Okay." She said. "No changing of plans, hmm?" I scoff before I shake my head, assuring her.

"Now answer that already." I said letting go of her hand. "I love you." She kissed me on my cheek and whispered it to me before answer the call. "Dad?" She give me the envelope, then walk back to the car, listening on her phone.

"Seul!" She look back at me. "Love you too." I mouthed. I just wanted to assure her that nothing could make me change my mind anymore. She just smiled and gesture me to go already.

I walk to the front door pressed the doorbell. Honestly? I'm nervous. Not long later the door opened, revealing the person I've been hiding from in the past few years.

"Joohyun." He said as soon as he look at me.

"Hey." That's the only thing I could say. He must've notice my nervousness. He opened the door wide.

"Come on in." He said. I walk inside. I couldn't help but look around.

His house is not huge nor small, it's just enough. The interior is definitely his style.