Chapter X

Seulgi's POV

"Hey. Talk to me, please?" I just followed her walking back and forth in her kitchen, as she's cooking. She's been silent since I told her I like her, back in her car until we reach her unit. "Hyun."

"Sit down, Seulgi. I'm almost done." She said not even glancing at me. I took a deep breath and just follow what she said.

"I shouldn't have come with you." I said and walk to the dining table. I just picked up my phone, only to be ranting to unnie about how Joohyun is acting with me now, and also asking for help?

After a few minutes, she finished cooking and we both started to eat and again in silence.

"Hyun. If this is about what I said back in the car, then I take it back." After I said that she finally look at me. "Just forget I ever said that and please stop giving me this silent treatment." I begged her.

"Tell me the truth, Seulgi." She leaned to the table, looking at me seriously. "When you told me you want to get to know me that night, why do you feel like that? I mean, what made you think that you want to get to know me?" She asked. I stare right at her.

All throughout the whole week, we both got closer. Just after our talk that night, I spent the next days with her. By that I mean I went to their company for exactly nothing. Making up excuses visiting uncle to their house. Making my midnight runs a routine now, even after a tiring day, just to meet with her. Thinking about it now, I think I just spent the times that I should've been resting, all of it just to see her. I do find her really interesting, right from the very beginning.

Though we had some issues that happened between us, it didn't change the fact that she did caught my attention in a different way. What made me think that I want to get to know her? My only answer to that is...

"Just because it's what my heart's telling me to do. When I told you, I like you I really mean it Hyun." I confessed. I just realize why not just place out my intentions already.

"You just said to forget that you said that in the car, but you're saying it to me again." She said. Right! I did say that.

"That's only because you won't even talk to me or glance at me and I hated it. I hate that with just those words it can change the way you're acting towards me. I don't want to mess up this thing between us. Hell! I've liked you since the first time I saw you in that store, there's no way I'm missing this chance. I even--"

"Wait! Seulgi." I stopped. "We first met at a party. What do you mean, you liked me the first time you saw me on a store?" Ooow. She just looked at me, waiting for an explanation.

"Do you happen to remember two persons, all wrapped up and didn't have any money to pay what they picked up, in the convenient store you always go to? It was a few weeks ago, I don't know if you remember..."

"It was you?" She asked me, surprised. I nodded. "You were with--"

"Wendy." I finished.

"Are you two close?" She asked.

"She's my best friend." I nodded again.

She just stayed silent and went back to eating her food. Did I say something wrong again?

"So, Hyun." I called and she look up to me.

"Hmm?" She raised her brows.

"Can I date you?" I notice her blink a few times, then face me seriously. I don't think this would end up well.

"Seulgi, don't you think it's better if we'll just be friends?" She said that made me lose all the confidence I had earlier when I confessed.

"Is it because I'm a girl?" I asked.

"Seulgi, no. Of course not!" She said.

"Is it about my career? I'm quitting, remember?"

"It's not that."

"Or maybe you just don't like me."

"I do, Seulgi. I do like you..." I was about to speak when she spoke first. "but not in the way that you do to me. Look, I like your company and I enjoy being with you but being your friend is the only thing I could offer Seulgi. I hope you understand that." I smiled after she said that. Now that's a first.

"I get it. I'm sorry for asking those questions." I said. Trying to take it all in.

"It's okay, Seulgi. So, are we okay now? We're still friends right?" She asked. I smiled at that before I shake my head.

"I never really considered you as a friend." I look straight in her eyes. "I don't think I can."

"Seul..."

"At least that's what I think for now. Maybe in the future?" I said, finishing up my food.

"So, that's just it?" She questioned. "Don't tell me this will be your last meal with me." I took a drink before answering.

"Maybe for now, yes."

"W-what?"

"Staying close with you would be a bad idea."

"Why?" I chuckled when she asked that.

"I will just end up falling for you, don't you think?" I said to her. "Don't worry, once I get rid of this feels I have for you. I'll come back ready to be your friend. Besides, it's not that deep yet. I'll get over this in no time!" I give her an assuring smile. Sure! I'll get rid of this in no time! Right? It's not that deep but why does it kind a hurt?

"Seul--" She was cut with my phone ringing. I checked in and it was unnie. I face my phone to her to let her see who's calling. She give me a nod. "Answer it." and I did.

"Unnie?"

"Are you two done already? You need to come here earlier, a change of schedule." Unnie said. I look at Joohyun, she was just looking down at her plate. She seemed to be thinking deeply. " Do you want someone to pick you up, or Joohyun will drive you here?" Will that be okay with her?

"We're at Joohyun's place unnie." She look up to me with the mention of her name. "I'll just wait at the lobby." I said.

"Okay then. The driver will be there in 10. Bye."

"Okay unnie." I said before hanging up. I face her, she's looking at me already.

"You need to go?" I hummed and nodded as an answer. "I can drive you--"

"No need. Unnie sent someone to pick me up already." I give her a smile. "Thank you for fulfilling my request. You cook really well. What else can't you do?" I tease her before standing from the chair.

I went to where my things are and picked it all up.

"There's actually a lot of things I can't do." I turn and face her. She's standing just a few steps from me. I smiled.

"Thank you again, Joohyun." I said before turning my back at her and make my way to her door. I paused when she called me.

"Seulgi wait!" I heard her footsteps getting near. I turn to face her again. "You'll comeback, right?" She give me a hopeful gaze. I don't know. I nodded and before I even knew it she hugged me. "I'll look forward to it." She said. The next thing she did, surprised the shit out of me. She give me a peck on my cheek.

God! My heart's on its own race. Damn it! Bae Joohyun!

"Bye." She said softly.

"Bye." I turn my back at her and open the door almost immediately, to exit. Because if I stayed there much more longer I could risk my heart in a heartbeat. You get me?

I made my way to the elevator, with my palm on my cheek. I'm looking like a fool now. I shake my head and bring myself back to reality.

Come on, Seulgi! You still have a lot things to do! Get it all together!