Chapter IX

Seulgi's POV

A week passed. It's the start of promotion for my comeback. It'll be the first music show now.

I got up on stage and I heard fans starting to scream loud. I sure am going to miss this.

"Are you all surprised?" I giggle after hearing them answer yes. "I hope you'll like this." I said before I took my position and perform.

When they said it' all wrapped up. I face my fans.

"Did you like it?" I asked them and they still have the same answer. "I hope you really do. Did you guys ate already?" Some of them answered yes, some of them said no. "I actually have something for all of you here now. I know it's not enough for all the love and support you have given me, but it's the least thing I could do." Soon as I said those staffs from our company went out and give my gift to fans. "I actually cooked it." I heard the fans saying 'awe'. "I'm not a great cook, but I can do it!" I said that made them laugh.

While looking at the fans Infront of me. I person in the middle who doesn't seem to care about anything that's happening, caught my attention. The person had this familiar stance, which I can't see clearly because she's a little too far. She wasn't even moving and just staring straight at the stage, or shou I say She's staring straight right at me.

I squinted my eyes and block some of the lights that I think is making my view unclear. And when it became clearer I was meet with her smile. She's here? I notice her crossed her arms an giggled. she gave me a thumbs up. I can't help but smile.

One of the staff handed her a paper bag and I saw her talk to staff before it skips her. I saw how the some fans looked so surprise why she didn't accept the gift. In just shake my head. She look back at me first before she walked out of the venue. I guided her with my eyes before I give my focus back to the fans.

"Thank you again you guys!" I waved and bowed at them before going backstage. I thank the people there and head to my dressing room.

I was surprised with confetti and cake by my team.

"Awe. Thank you!" I blow the candle on that cake and shouted "Group hug!" They all went in for a hug.

While others starts packing and cleaning up I went to my manager, who seemed to be busy with something. She been on her Ipad since I came back from the stage. I sat next to her and check what she's doing. To my surprise she's making some kind of presentation. I chuckled seeing it, that took her attention.

"It sucks having two Jobs at a time right?" I said to her.

"I can take it." She said.

"You know I would've tripped on that stage and get injured, and my manager won't even notice because she's been on her Ipad all throughout my performance." I said, acting all upset. She then chuckled.

"Oh come on! You're Kang Seulgi! Queen of the stage. There's no way you'll trip." I was about to say something but what she said next surprised me. "Besides, she had her eyes on you. I'm sure if something did happened, you'll still live." I smack her arm at the last thing she said. She laugh.

"You knew she was there?" Unnie nodded.

"I even saw how you reacted when you saw her and after you saw her." I look at her confused. She pointed at the television up on the wall. I gulped.

"Was it that noticeable?" I asked.

"Don't worry the staffs got busy preparing the surprise for you, for them to see it." I released a sigh of relief. "Hopefully, your fans were too busy with your gifts too." That made me pause. Right! I was still on stage that time.

Unnie suddenly stand up. I look up to her.

"Come on now. You still have your next sched." She said making me stand up.

My team already went out and left us two here.

"Can we eat something first unnie, I didn't eat much." Unnie take in a deep breath.

"I guess I should just give you to her now." She said putting out her phone and dialed someone. She signaled me not to speak. "Take her. Just please bring her to her next schedule on time." I heard unnie said. Who is she talking to? And why does it seem like she's giving me away? "At the entrance. Give us 5 minutes. Okay, bye." She hung up and face me. She held my wrist.

"Let's go. Joohyun hates waiting." She dragged me out of the room. Wait! What!? Who!?

"Did you just said Joohyun? Bae Joohyun?" I asked while being dragged. We entered the elevator.

"Yes." I stand there frozen. Thinking of the possibilities that we might get photographed again, if she's waiting at the entrance. I swear, I don't want to mess up the relationship I'm trying to build with her now.

"Unnie." I opened up, nervously, that she notice. "Are you sure it's okay for her to pick me up at the entrance. There are lots of fans and reporters outside." I expresses my worry in all that's about to come. Tiffany unnie give me an assuring smile.

"She asked for this, Seulgi. You don't have to worry about her, she knows what she's doing. She can take care of herself." Unnie said before the elevator door opened. "Let's go?" I nodded and walk out with her.

As soon as we're out, as expected we were met with flashing lights and screams.

"Oh Lord God!" Unnie said her hand massaging her temple. I look at her.

"You okay unnie?" I asked, concerned. She took a deep breath.

"See that heavily tinted, black sports car, following our company van?" Unnie said describing a car. I look a head and saw it.

"I see it."

"Good! You'll enter that car." I face her in disbelief. "Don't look at me like that, camera's still flashing on you." I look around remembering, I'm still in front of a lot of people. "I'll just see you later, Seulgi."

"Yah unnie--"

"Seulgi. Like I said, she hates waiting." Unnie whispered before she starts walking her way to the cars. I followed her.

I wave my hands goodbye to the people before heading to the car unnie just said I should head to. I noticed more flashing of cameras as soon as I reached the car. Oh God! Look's like I'm seeing myself on the headlines again. Good thing there are people blocking some reporters on the side so they can't take a photo inside the car as soon as I open and enter the car. Thinking about it, maybe it's her people.

As soon as I entered the car, I was met with her warm smile.

"Where do you want to eat?" She smiled widely. Just how did it all changes so quick?! but I'm loving it. "Seulgi-yah." She called me. I blinked a few times realizing I zoned out for a moment there.

"Can you cook for me?" I requested.

"You're lucky you did good in your performance." She said starting the engine.

"Just good?" I pouted. She chuckled as she face me. She shake her head before looking ahead.

"You were amazing out there, Seulgi." She said, sincerely. I felt my cheeks heating up. I avoided her stare. I started fanning myself. What the hell!

I felt my phone vibrated. I checked it and it was a message from unnie.

the not-so-scary Young

Why aren't you guys moving yet???
People are getting confused already.

"Unnie said we need to go already." I let her see unnie's messages. She nodded before she drove off.

I just look at her while she's driving. Like, she's so damn attractive.

"Stop staring." She said to me. "If you'll keep doing that, I might think you have some sort of crush on me." I remove my gaze at her and scoff

"Was I not clear and obvious?" I asked.

"W-what? What do y-you mean?" She stuttered. I saw her grip on the stirring wheel tightened. I guess I wasn't.

"I like you, Joohyun."