Chapter V

Seulgi's POV

My manager was right. The video that trended last night? It's gone. It's like it wasn't even out and that resulted to fans being confused. I'm scrolling through social media and my name's still trending, but no news outlet seemed to acknowledge it.

@:Where was that video of Seulgi, last night? Why can't I see it now?

@:What's making the press quite now? After what trended last night and what's still trending now? Where's that vid though?"

@:Usually, every little thing Seulgi does will always end up the news. Why not now?

@:Oh my God! What if there was really something going on in that video? What if there's no news about it now because they covered it up already?

@:What video? Did I miss something?

@:I have a strange hunch. I just saw the video saved by a friend of mine. Seulgi went out hand and hand with that mystery girl. From what's happening now, they seemed to hiding something. What if, I mean just what if her relationship with that person is something more than we think?

"What the fuck!?" I exclaimed.

"Seulgi! lower your tone." Dad said while he's eating. "And put down your phone." He said in full authority. I listened and put down my phone.

"Dad." I called. I know he knows what's already happening. "I'm so--"

"The next time you flirt with someone, check first where you are or if anyone's watching. You chose to be this famous Seulgi, watch out for your every move." I paused hearing that.

"I wasn't flirting, Dad. And I was with Joohyun, Uncle's dau--"

"Exactly, Seulgi!" He raised his voice. "You were in public, with a person who cherished her privacy so much."

"It's not like I knew that!" I burst out, close to crying already. "I didn't even knew her, since last night!"

I never thought talking to her, would cause this much trouble. I wouldn't have gone close, if only I knew.

"You took her home Seulgi."

"I just offered a ride Dad! You're making it seemed like I literally took her home and fucked her!" I stand up from the table. Dad look up to me. He leaned back to his chair.

"I want you to voluntarily quit being an Idol." He looked at me straight in the eye. What? "I'll only give you a month to think about it. By the end of it, if you still won't listen. I'll have them terminate your contract." I can't believe this!

"Dad!"

"No more of this shit, Seulgi! I can't tolerate this anymore!" He stand up. I laugh sarcastically.

"When will you ever hear me out, huh?" I said, crying already. "I never, not even once caused you, your name, or even the company any trouble. You're right! I chose this life, I---" He cut me off

"This Idol life will ruin you." Dad said. I shook my head. "People are cruel, Seulgi! Look at what's happening now!" He shouted

"The only person who's being cruel right now is you!" I said. "This is so unfair! If only Mom was here, she would've be--" I was startled with a smash on the table. I look at my father. He avoided my gaze and turn away.

"You'll quit whether you want to or not." He then walked out of the dinning area. I was left there dumbfounded of what just happened.

I had my hands covering my face as I continue to cry. As soon as 5 minutes passed I had my phone ringing. I wipe my tears and sit properly.