Chapter XXV

Irene's POV

We arrived earlier than expected. Since I'm with someone who's really famous, I asked for somebody to watch out for her. No one exactly knows that Seulgi flew here, but I'm just making sure. Since it's still so early, the sun haven't rise yet, we decided to just go home and take some rest first.

Mom's actually expecting us already, I just called her last night. She wants us go straight to her first, before we go to what we came here for. She said she wants to see Seulgi.

"The last time I've seen auntie was a few months ago. I just happened to bump into her at some store." She said walking backwards, as she's talking to me. "She seldom attend your company events. Well, just like you." She said.

"She's just busy with her work, Seulgi." Mom usually stays here more than in Korea, just like how Dad stays in Korea more. They seldom see each other, but they make time for family. I'm just glad that with their situation, they were still able to work it out.

"Right! And--oooh!" I let go of my luggage and grabbed her quickly.

"And this is why you shouldn't be walking backwards." I said. She hit a pole and almost fell. From a shocked one, her expression changed. She smiled. Next thin I know is I felt her kiss the tip of my nose.

"Thank you." I let go of her and avoided her stares as I felt my face starts to burn up. I heard her laugh.

When I look to the side, I saw person eyeing our direction. Oh Hell! It looks like she's trying to look clearly. I face Seulgi. She's welcomed me by inching both my cheeks.

"I love it whenever you blush!" She said. I held both her hands.

"Seul." I said her name seriously that made her brows furrowed. "We need to go. We only have two body guards and if this gets out of hand--"

"We have what!?" She let go of me and look around.

"You can't blame me! You're famous!" I said to her. She then nodded

"I understand. Where are they though?" She curiously asked. "We rode the plane alone."

"They're our family guards, they're just around here somewhere." I said to her.

"I guess we really have to go now Hyun." I look up to her and where she's staring. We can tell most people recognize her already. She took my hand and your luggage before you start walking our way out of the airport.

When we reach the car, we just sigh in relief.

"I mean who wouldn't recognize you, when you did not even try to hide that face of yours." I said pinching her side, she just giggled.

"Mianhe." She said, hugging by the side. You notice her yawn that made you smile.

"You still sleepy?" She put leaned her head on my shoulder. She hummed. "You almost fell, earlier. It didn't wake you up fully?" I felt her look up to me, that made me face her. I found her glaring at me, cutely. I pinch her cheeks.

"Is your house far from here?" She asked.

"Just a few minute ride. Mom just texted me."

"Auntie's awake already? Isn't it like 4 am still?"

"She said she had to go to the company earlier, and she wants to see us too before she go. She knows once we arrive we'll head to bed." She just nodded at what I said.

She talk about work during the ride. I couldn't help but laugh at how she's whining about the way Uncle's training her. It's not that she complaining or can't do it, she's just not used to it yet.

"How do you do it?" She asked me.

"Do what?"

"You're good with your work. Every single person that knows you, praises you." I scoff at what she said.

"Yah! You have millions of fans that praises you." I said to her, she just giggled.

"You're right."

"We just have different careers that we got used to Seul"

"Do you love your job?" She look up and meet my eyes. Do I? It's the only career path that I want to do, Yes.

"I do." I nodded. She smiled at me.

"Is it your dream?" My dream? I pause at the question. "It's not." I came back to my senses when she said that.

"I don't know." I said to her.

"Do you have a dream?" I just look at her and I don't know what to answer. "Did you ever want something in your life?" I did and I do.

"Yes." I answered that made her smiled widely, like she got the answer she wanted to hear.

"Can you tell me what it is?"

"You." I smiled at her. She's holding back her smile. I laugh when she turn her face avoiding my stare.

"I was being serious." She said.

"I am serious Seul. You make me want something for myself again, when I met you. You made me brave enough again, to get what I want and that is you. You are the dream now Seul."

"Again? There was a first dream?" She look at me.

"You must have forgotten I got married." I said to her.

"He was the first dream." I smiled when I think about it, because no. ..

"A life with him was the dream, it was not him." She look at me confused. "I loved him. He was my escape, the person who made me think there was a life other than the life I had." I look down and avoided her stare. "I wanted more from the life I had and he's the only person who was there. I took that chance with him and I didn't think it could go downhill. But I didn't regret a thing at all, he was a good partner. It's just that, he loves his family so much and there's nothing wrong with it." I felt her hands squeeze mine.

"Tell me, what life did you dream of having?"

"I just wanted a life of contentment, happiness, and now with you." I met her eyes. "I loved Suho before, but I never wanted him as much as I want you now. I love you now, way more than I've ever loved someone. Like it's scary how much I don't want anything else but you now." I confess to her. I wouldn't be this desperate to face my past, if I wasn't scared of her moving on from me. I tried holding back, but I just failed in doing so. "Now let me ask you...What did you do to me?"

She just smiled at my question. I leaned in to her face closer.

"Was that drink you gave me that late night, has love potion in it?" I brushed my nose with hers. She giggled. I move away from her, remembering we're still in a car and the driver can see us.

"Was it that strong?" She said. I just shake my head, smiling.

"We wouldn't be here if it wasn't" I sad. She put head back on my shoulders.

"I'm glad." Oh Seulgi.