Chapter XXIX

Seulgi's POV

As expected, they're against it.

"Seulgi, how sure are you that this lady here is not after your fame?" I was shocked when one of the board said that.

"Excuse me?" For the first time in the whole duration of this meeting, Hyun spoke. "To hell with that fame, if there are people like you trying to control her." She bluntly said. She then look at me. "Just quit this job." My eyes widened at what she said. She looks pissed. Looks like they did offended her there.

"She can't do that, she have a contract. Whether--"

"And so?" She look at them. Is this how she is at work? Now I get why employees at their company seem to be terrified by her.

"Seulgi, you know you can't do this." They told me. "We'll take this to court, if you do."

"Then see you at court." I quickly look at my girlfriend.

"Hyun." What the hell!?

"Let Seulgi speak, Miss. It's her decision to make, not yours." Oh God! Don't say that! I just closed my eyes and sighed. I face them.

"I'm not breaking up with her." I said. "If that's what you wanted me to do then she's right, I'll just see you court." Looks like they weren't expecting me to say that.

"You do think you'll be fined if you lose, right?" Are they trying to threaten me.

"It would cost you a fortune."

"You'll be blacklisted from the industry."

"No one would take you."

They said all of those and Joohyun scoff. I know damn well why. If it were someone else, they would be scared by now. I look over to my father who's sitting silently at the end of the table.

"And you think Seulgi can't live with that?" Hyun said. It looks like she's my lawyer now.

All of them exchange looks already. I saw how their confidence, from threatening me earlier, faded.

"Let's not take this to court anymore." They all look at Joohyun. "If you want, you can just name your price here and now. I'll give it all to you directly, if it means my girlfriend can be free from all you greedy people." She said leaning her back to the chair. "God! I didn't know the entertainment industry is this shitty." She said it in a whisper, but still audible enough for everyone to here.

"Who are you?" One of them spoke.

"Oh! You're curious now? After insulting me--"

"That's enough." Now Dad decided to speak up. That made Joohyun stop. I reach for her hand and hold it, hoping she would calm down a little. I've never seen her like this, but she's hot... What am I even thinking!?

"No one's quitting." He said. "Surely, we can settle the problem without having to go to court." Dad said. "How do you want this to go Seulgi?" He asked looking at me straight in the eyes.

"I want the company to not get involve with my personal life. I'll do my job as an artist, just don't dictate me with my life choices."

"You can't just make us not care when you're carrying the name of the company."

"It's not like the responses are that bad." Hyun speak up. "And do you really think removing me from the picture, after everything the people have already seen, would put your company in a good light?" She actually have a point there.

The people have seen so much already, I don't think it would look good if we decide to deny it now. They would just think that I'm being controlled.

By the looks of it, some of them got her point.