Chapter XX

A few Years before Seulgi and Irene meet...

Irene's POV

"NO! You're not going anywhere Joohyun. You'll stay here!" I was startled by his sudden change of tone. He then pulled me away from what I was doing and started removing the stuffs I just put in my luggage.

"Suho, just let me please--" I was about to get my things but he just keeps on pushing me away from it.

"Fuck it Jo! You promised!" He held both my arms, keeping me from moving. His head just lookin down low and I know he was crying as much as me already. "You promised, you'd still try."

"And I did Suho! What did you think was I doing for almost 2 years huh? I was nothing but patient!" I remove his hold on me. I wipe my tears. "Damn it! I have a whole a family that cherished me and I chose you. I fucking chose you over them!" I pushed him. "And for me to end up what? Become a slave to your shitty family?" He look up to me after the last thing I said.

"You said it yourself Joohyun. You chose that!"

"IT'S BECAUSE I LOVED YOU, YOU FUCKING SHIT!" I shouted at him this time. "but I can't take it anymore. You're family, I know you knew they hated me, but not even once Suho! Not even once, have you defended me from how bad they've treated me! I kept it all in because I wanted to be with you but I've had enough." He was about to take a step closer to me but I raised my hand telling him to stop.

"Jo, I'm sorry. I promised I would man up now, I would not let you be--"

"Can you choose me over your family Suho?" I saw how his expression changed, hearing it. "Your family needs you, that's why I know you can't."

Suho is the breadwinner of his family. His family and I were never fine since we became a couple. They've always saw me as a competition when it comes to Suho's attention and everything else.

I signed up with a simple life with him. A life away from the constant pressure I have with my family. A life of building a family without having to long for someone because they're away. I want a life that I did not grew up to. I thought that was it, when I married him. I gave up my old life, my job because he didn't want me to work. Instead, I became a housewife and it was fine, it was still fine until his family got involve with us.

"Do you think you're family's still going to accept you huh?" I look up to him. "You think they would still accept you, who have left them and chose to be with a man they haven't even met? You've ran away from them for years, if they really cared they would've taken you from here already." I was shocked hearing those words from him. It was like I was not talking to the man I was married to. Those words wouldn't get to my head because I know my family never did cut me off still. I also know that they knew where I am for the last years I've never contacted them.

"I'm the only person you have left Joohyun." I shake my head at what he said. "Where are you going if you leave? You don't even have money..." He just keeps on talking but my mind is now realizing that he will never ever choose me over his family, he can't choose me over his family. I know how much he loves them and I kind of understand how he's acting right now. It's a hard choice to make, I know because I've been there.

"I'm leaving." I said that stopped him from talking more, that I didn't even mind anymore. I felt his grip on my wrist. For the first time I meet his eyes with rage. I can tell he was surprise to see me like that. "Let go of me." I said firmly.

"No."

"I said let go."

"Let go of her son." I heard a lady spoke behind me, knowing exactly who that voice came from. "I think it's time to let go of this good for nothing wife of yours." I clench my fist. "You could've done better than her."