Chapter VI

Irene's POV

Right now I'm in the living room, sitting on the floor, in front of my laptop, working. But I can't seem to focus on work at the moment.

I deeply sigh remembering what Seulgi just told me on the phone, earlier. I honestly regret doing it now. It was never my intention to ruin her career. I just got scared, that's it! I leaned back on the couch and closed my eyes. After a few minutes I felt someone sit on the couch

"Unnie." Jimin, you one lucky girl. I hummed in response, still keeping my eyes closed. "It was you, I remember the dress. I picked that one for you." I know what she's talking about already. "And I know you're causing this issue now." I just remained silent. I felt her leaning in to me. "Is it really worth causing trouble to another person?" She asked.

"Jimin-ah."

"Unnie you've been hiding from him for years now." Now thinking about it. She's right. "I know you wont let this issue turn huge but I think you should still apologize to her." She said softly.

"I already did." I felt movement from her. I opened my eyes and turn to look at her shocked expression, as expected.

"When?!"

"Just before you came down. I called her and..."

"and?"

"It didn't end well." Jimin look at l me, more like judging me. "Don't look at me like that! I feel so guilty already!" I said.

"I can tell." She said as she look at my laptop on the table. When I look into it, it had an empty page view. "You don't seem to want to work now and that's pretty odd."

"I just feel so sorry for her. I know it's all my fault."

"Unnie, why did you left the company event with her?" and there it goes. The question my ear was dreading to hear. "You knew she's a celebrity. You knew the consequences, still you went out."

"To be honest, I wasn't thinking about those things until I reach her car. There was something that pulled me in to her and made me not think of any other thing at all." I said, looking down.

"This is not a confession, isn't it?" She asked that made me look up to her.

"I really don't know, Jimin." I covered my face with my palms. "All I know now is I felt really bad that Uncle is making her quit because of what happened." When I face Jimin after saying that, she looks like her soul just left her body.

"She's quitting?" She looks so horrified. Shit! I forgot! She's a fan.

"Jimin-ah." I reach out to her.

"Unnie! It's not that big of a deal! Why would she quit?" She asked me in disbelief.

"It's her father's decision. As far as I remember she's an only child Jimin." I said, reminding her how it works in our family.

"Do you think this has something to do with..."

"I couldn't think of any other reasons, Jimin. Seulgi's pretty good with her craft, we both knew that. She's also like, the most influential artist their company has right now. This issue isn't too deep. So, it's the only reason I could think of." Jimin just nodded. She let out a heavy sigh.

"Now, I'm thankful I have you as an older sister." She look at me seriously. I should've laugh when she said that, but I know and felt what she really meant by it. I smiled at her.

"Oh, how I wish I had one!" I said. I leaned back my head on the couch and look at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry, I have to put you through this Joohyun." I heard another voice speak up. His voice made me sit up still.

"Dad." I look at him. He walk closer to us and sit on the couch on my other side, since Jimin's already in the other. I look down at the floor.

My relationship with my father, isn't the same with what he has with Jimin, also with Seulgi. Growing up with him not always around, made a huge gap in our relationship. He's a good father, I just wish he had more time with us when I was still little.

After graduating college, I earned a spot at our company. I've always been aware of the fact that no one knows about Jimin and I, even the employees in the company. So the first thing I did was to apply for a job there. I don't want to just be appointed when the time comes, I felt the need to earn the trust of my father's people. Ever since I've always known where my future's literally heading, I knew I had no choice but to go along with it.

"I thought you head out already." I said. I felt a his hand on my shoulder.

"Joohyun, I know I've given you too much responsibility--"

"Dad. It's okay, really." I said fiddling my fingers. It's true. He didn't force me into it. I chose this path.

"About what's happening now." That made me look up to him. He's not... "You should've just let the video as it is." I chuckled, hearing that.

"Dad you know that unnie--"

"I know but look how it affected Seulgi."

"You don't get it Dad! Unnie just did what she thought was right." Jimin said.

"For herself." Dad was looking at me straight in the eye. It's the first time I saw disappointment in his stare. I avoided his stare and look down again.

"Dad!" Jimin whined.

"It's okay, Jimin. Dad's right, I was selfish. I didn't consider how it could affect Seulgi." I got up. I got my stuff and was about to walk away already but my dad spoke again.

"I cancelled your flight back to the states." I stopped when he said that. "I already assigned someone else to attend the conference there, instead of you." Do I still have a say in this? "You'll be staying home for the weekend and join the dinner we planned out with Seulgi." I turn to look at him. "She deserves to know where you were coming from." I shook my head.

"I'll book another flight." I said and walk away from them. I heard Jimin whining to Dad as I am on my way up to my room.

Do I think I owe her the truth of why I did it regardless of knowing how it will affect her? Yes I do. But I don't think I could open up a huge part of me, to someone I just met. So, no. I'm not listening to Dad this time.