Shattered Horizons

The entire facility was now engulfed in a state of high alert.

"Shoot them, Nightmare!" one of the guards exclaimed in desperation, as the group collectively referred to the girls as Nightmare. The guards unleashed a barrage of gunfire, their shots aimed at strange figures.

"Where the hell are the wizards?" another guard anxiously questioned as he hastily reloaded his weapon.

Meanwhile, Accelerator observed the chaos unfolding from his vantage point behind the walls. The entire building had become overrun by enemies, presenting him with an opportunity to gather valuable data.

He seized the chance to exploit the situation for his own benefit. Taking advantage of his enhanced speed, he pressed the switch on his choker, activating his power to accelerate his movements. Swiftly, he sprinted away from the ongoing battle, aiming to distance himself from the immediate danger.

He stumbled upon a nearby room, strategically located in proximity to his previous confinement. Utilizing the available resources, he swiftly changed into his winter attire that was stashed, ensuring he was adequately prepared for combat. With his modern crutch in hand and and took a handgun lying around.  By arming himself with these weapons, he aimed to engage in combat without excessively relying on his powers.

Determined to gather valuable data and navigate the hostile environment, Accelerator prepared himself for the impending challenges that lay ahead.

As the sounds of gunshots and screams grew louder, Accelerator sprinted away from the encroaching conflict, eventually stumbling upon an office that appeared to belong to someone of high rank. Locking and barricading the door, he noticed an unattended computer with multiple open tabs. Seizing the opportunity, he began conducting research.

With the urgency of the situation mounting, he spotted a USB device nearby. In a hasty move, he randomly selected and copied various files onto the USB, ensuring they had names that sounded important.

The unexpected outcome left him bewildered, momentarily forgetting about the ongoing gunshots reverberating through the facility.

Academy City is a landlocked sovereign city-state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within Western Tokyo. The city is home to several schools and institutions of higher learning where students learn side-by-side with scientists who research psychic powers and higher technology. It is the most advanced city in the world, and its technology is said to be 20 or 30 years ahead of the rest of the world.

In his estimation of the current state of the world where he now resides, Academy City was annexed or controlled by Japan. It is not feasible or feasible to hide this knowledge, or in fact it is unnecessary to hide. It could either be a cover-up or revisionism, but it seemed so illogical.

Next, he proceeded to search for information on "World War Three." As anticipated, the search results yielded various possibilities and speculations regarding the outbreak of such a global conflict. In his own timeline, World War Three had been a cataclysmic war between Russia and Academy City. It was inconceivable to conceal such a significant event, unless it had occurred at least two centuries ago. Given the current year, it wasn't a distant past.

Amidst his research, several explosions resounded nearby, urging Accelerator to hasten his movements. Before departing, he shot the computer and the surrounding furniture, creating the illusion of a fierce firefight having taken place. 

As Accelerator reached the exit, designed in the shape of a hangar, he was met with an aberrant sight that immediately seized his attention. The area teemed with soldiers clad in black combat armor, some sporting peculiar futuristic mechanical suits akin to the ones he had previously encountered in the city. Each soldier possessed a unique design and wielded an assortment of weapons, engaged in a fierce battle against a group of girls adorned in black and red dresses, they kept calling as Nightmare. It was evident that the soldiers were tasked with guarding something valuable from the relentless onslaught of the girls in black and red.