A Spark of Light

Accelerator with a pistol in hand . His body pressed to wall as he sneaked through the corridor to avoid being spotted. He found the underground generator room.  It was easy now to find his direction as they were no longer any holograms making the corridors look like it were endless.

He entered and discovered no one was guarding it. He looked around looking for electrical equipment and generators. On the walls he found the floor plan of the whole building he then started analyzing it to look for any rooms where he could find Kihara or any vital information as his enemies really made a lot of effort on the security.

As he inspected the entire floor plan, he finally found a direction to go resulting in a smile on his face. In order to gain an advantage, he destroyed the generators in the building before leaving.

"Behavioral Adjustment Complex. This place was a mental hospital but was shut down due to maltreatment of patients." One of the women in black wiring suits spoke those words. She was with a group of wizards searching the area in order to eliminate their targets. As they continued their search they began conversing.

But I don't understand why it's called maltreatment, since most of the patients were men with mental disorders. Heh those male patients are just not man enough to deal with it."

"Your right men should not open up their feelings and should keep it in, nothing bad happens after that."

"Yeah, but I wonder why men don't talk to us anymore heh they probably are too intimidated by our strength."

"All of you shut up we need to be quiet."

"Oh, please what the hell can that skinny brat do?"

The wizards continued to converse as they stealthily searched the rooms. Looking for either Accelerator or Shido Itsuka.

"I know but remember we are the Barghest Unit a former squad that was disbanded and discharged by DEM they probably don't deserve us anyway. We were the best before the Gremlin Squad took our place."

"Of course, we are named after the mythological and terrifying Barghest the demonic black dog from English folklore. The name Barghest brings terror to its enemies."

"I mean unless Barghest means other things we are a force to be reckoned with. I mean the other group is focused on Shido Itsuka and we are assigned to deal with this boy named Accelerator. Finally, a challenge. This would be fun. I almost feel sorry for that man-thing."

The wizards chatted as they continued their search for their targets.

"I am picking up something." One of the wizards interrupted as she felt the small metal box attached to her chest vibrating.

"He is close, prepare yourself." A wizard responded by cocking her rifle.

The rest followed and slowly moved forward. With each of them aiming in a different direction.

Their group stumbled upon another group of wizards. They then combined their groups into one as they slowly moved towards the source.

It was an entrance. When they spread out, they positioned themselves just in case their target walked out ready to fight.

A few wizards then gathered near the entrance. One of them gave hand signal that gestures affirmation.

"Finally, Took them long enough." Accelerator said with a small smile.

He was now in the server maintenance room of the building. Leaning on the server racks impatiently. He could not see his stalkers but he could feel their presence. Not in a supernatural method but in a scientific method. An object may not be present to the naked eye but as long as there is physical presence it will still create motion and air current. Accelerator calculated those to allow him to pinpoint the wizards closing in on him.