Practice makes Perfect

Below the Crowly Beast is the Tengu Base

Below the Crowly Beast is the Tengu Base. Near Tengu Base, where the JGSDF was located, stood the special training grounds.

"This will take a while. While you wait, feel free to use the shooting gallery with our special weapons," Mathers said, pointing at the shooting range, grabbing her phone, and walking away.

With nothing better to do and no reason to react negatively, he was told to do as he was told. The wide outdoor shooting range was near a forest. There were a number of thin dividers in the oblong table shooting area.

Accelerator went to the middle of the lane and opened the box with the label "Cry Cry Cry." It was a weapon with the appearance of a modernized futuristic anti-tank rifle. He pressed the start button and retracted his cane.

"Exercise Begin." A recorded woman's voice announced as targets began to move sideways.

Accelerator gripped both of his hands, carrying the rifle, and started shooting. It was difficult and uncomfortable because of the weight of the rifle and the difficulty of not shaking his hands. He was mostly used to handguns, but it wouldn't hurt to try something new. He held the rifle and attempted to shoot each target.

Time passed to 4 PM as gunshots rang out in the area.

"Azrcrott, it's time," Mathers called out to him.

Accelerator gently placed the rifle on the counter and activated his cane to follow her.

"As you see, DEM will be conducting a major operation, so we are taking this opportunity to analyze your powers in a more controlled process and in a different method before things become more difficult," Mathers said as she looked at her phone while walking.

"Tch, this again. Didn't I already do that?" Accelerator clicked his tongue and replied with a frown.

"Yes, but that was just a small easy test. This one is very different. You wish to understand the full function of a CR-Unit. Am I correct? Well, this test will answer your questions." Mathers continued.

"Fine." Accelerator responded angrily, which Mathers replied to with a smile.

"Good, it will be one-on-one. You will be up against DEM's ace, which is why you will be training in a more open area. There won't be any restrictions, meaning you will be free to go all out, just like our ace. This is a one-on-one match, and if you can handle a tutorial session," Mathers explained until they reached their destination.

"Do you have any belongings?" Mathers asked.

"Just my phone, I am keeping my headphones." Accelerator responded and handed her his phone.

"Very well, follow the red line to start the match, good luck," Mathers said with formality and maturity as she ordered the workers nearby to open the metal gate and grabbed her phone.

Accelerator sighed and walked inside. Following the red line, he heard the public system announcement echo.

"Commencing battle practice: Jacob Azrcrott versus Artemisia Ashcroft." The announcement declared.