Nightmare

Accelerator immediately jumped to the floor and crawled in a random direction underneath the chairs to avoid getting hit.

Amata fired his powerful load from his big, long, and hard cannon towards Accelerator, who was on all fours.

The auditorium now had an empty destroyed spot.

"Either his aim is getting rusty or he is just fucking with me," Accelerator muttered on the ground underneath the chairs, safe from the attack while holding on to his double-barrel shotgun.

Accelerator rose from his cover as Amata's cannon began charging after slowly and quietly crawling near him, and emptied his rounds at him, only for the shells to disintegrate before reaching his body.

"What are you, a wizard now? I thought the great researcher Amata Kihara would never experiment on himself. Oh, how the mighty have fallen." Accelerator said with a taunting laugh as he reloaded his shotgun.

"It's true, but sometimes for survival and the advancement of science you have to do what you have to do, but don't compare me to those nobodies; mine has been modified by yours truly," Amata responded confidently and playfully.

While listening, Accelerator, with a serious and deadly look, recalled the words of a certain Gremlin member.

"Territory is a sphere of influence made by wizards. It can make humans do impossible things. It is our sphere of influence that can allow us to do the impossible. With our Territory, we can manipulate the laws of physics, but not all of them. However, everything comes with a price, as what we can do is dependent on how skilled we are at handling our Territory which can explain how Ashcroft can perform more feats than the average wizard. So, we can only kind of manipulate the laws of physics to a degree depending on our talents. Another price is that when used too much, it can take a heavy toll on our bodies. It really is versatile, but it depends on how the person can take it. Using a Territory to its fullest requires full concentration."

The words gave him an idea as he stared into the eyes of the monster that belongs in the garbage.

"I see, it looks like it's time to play cat and mouse. I need to do is to drain his energy. He may have modified it, but everything comes with a limit. I may be the mouse, but it's a far cry from being a brain-damaged pathetic cat." Accelerator said in his head.

"Come on, Accelerator, let's catch up on what I missed. I really really really wanted to kill you, but I really needed someone to talk to. Come on, accept my rare once-in-a-lifetime goodness," Amata said jokingly.

Accelerator didn't respond as he ran out of the room.

Amata sighed and scratched his head.

"Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh, why is life so unfair? When you want him to run away from you, he doesn't. When you want him to run to you, he runs away." He said in irritation.

Despite his below-average physique, Accelerator ran past several rooms, now running through a corridor.

"I need him to keep firing that cannon until the heavy toll on his body breaks him, or maybe I can lure him outside and use my powers." It may not work fully, but at least it levels the playing field."

Accelerator concluded in his mind as he ran as far away from him as he could.

While running, he nearly bumped into something. When his head was out of the clouds, he realized it was not something but someone. He nearly collided with the person. He instinctively aimed his double-barrel shotgun at it.

He saw a girl whose beauty was wearing a blood-red and shadow-black dress. She had black hair tied up left and right unequally. Her skin was as white as white porcelain; her eyes were different colors; one was red, and the other one had small numbers drawn in her glowing gold left eye and clock needles ticking. It didn't take a person who recently started developing hormones to address her as a unique and exquisite beauty. For some strange and illogical reason, classical and seductive jazz music was unconsciously played in Accelerator's head.