Arming Oneself

"Hey, I am back here with your stuff. What did I miss?" Lilith arrived holding two large plastic bags of items Accelerator requested.

"Jacob wanted hormone blockers. I think he is having an erection, which, while disgusting, isn't uncommon for a healthy young man," Nisha replied expressionlessly and monotonically, like a robot.

Accelerator glared at her as if she belonged in a mental hospital.

"Don't get the wrong idea—their brain cells aren't functioning well." Accelerator said in a defeated voice, done with interacting with the others.

"There is no need to be a shy boy; it's alright to show your feelings," Lilith said, teasingly poking Accelerator's angry cheeks.

Accelerator instantly grabbed the plastic bag of materials and inspected them. He was hoping to think of upgrades to his equipment that would distract him from thinking about the opposite sex.

"What do you need them for, Jacob-san?" Manami asked curiously.

"None of your business." Accelerator snapped back, hoping his rude behavior would turn them off and ignore him forever.

"Artemisia your tsundere of a smitten is being mean and wild again. Would you kindly spray your water on him to make him behave?" Lilith said as she sat across from Accelerator.

He didn't even bother responding or contradicting her as he was focused on the machine parts. He removed them from the bag and inspected one of them, trying to see the difference between this world and his. With nothing better to do than deal with these females' abuse and deal with his hormones, he grabbed his phone and started to do some small assembly with the parts, so when he got back home it would save him some time.

Just as he was starting to open it and focus on it, the waiter arrived with their meals.

His orders were black coffee and chicken teriyaki.

The group started eating. Artemisia turned to Accelerator with a teasing smile.

"Do you need help eating your meals?" Artemisia said teasingly with a smirk.

"No, fuck off." Accelerator replied without even bothering to look at her while he was focused on inspecting the machine parts.

"You know, it's not only rude to curse a kind and pretty lady, Luv, but also to eat while doing work. It's bad manners," Lilith added, with a disappointed look.

"Tell it to someone who cares." Accelerator replied casually as he took a sip of his coffee.

Lilith then furiously stood up and took the materials away from Accelerator.

"Hey, what the hell is wrong with you?" He spat out menacingly.

"I'll give it to you when you are done with your meals," Lilith said, like a parent.

Accelerator groaned and proceeded to continue his meals. As much as he wants to show them all, he is not stronger than all of them combined and doesn't give a shit about socializing. It's for the best to play along for now. Every second of time passes, the more he misses home.

"So, J-J-acob-kun, tell us about yourself." Manami said, with restrained enthusiasm.

"Save your time by reading my documents when they're done being processed." Accelerator replied coldly.

The group continued their dinner. It was just two hours, but to Accelerator it felt like a week. It consisted of the girls trying to get to know him and pushing him around.

"Tch, I know that they are doing this to keep me in line and to create countermeasures against me. It's best just to block them all out. They may be decent people, but it's best not to get attached to them once I get home. They are just going to be forgettable characters in an old movie." He said in his mind as he slowly looked at them one by one.