4. Back in the car and the Crawford family.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚I̲n̲ ̲t̲h̲i̲s̲ ̲w̲o̲r̲l̲d̲ ̲
I̲t̲'̲s̲ ̲j̲u̲s̲t̲ ̲u̲s̲ ̲
Y̲o̲u̲ ̲k̲n̲o̲w̲ ̲i̲t̲'̲s̲ ̲n̲o̲t̲ ̲t̲h̲e̲ ̲s̲a̲m̲e̲ ̲a̲s̲ ̲i̲t̲ ̲w̲a̲s̲*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Spain, Barcelona
Alana's POV
Wednesday

This time my real alarm woke me up and I shuffled in between the sheets looking for my phone to turn it off

This time my real alarm woke me up and I shuffled in between the sheets looking for my phone to turn it off. I made contact with said device and I swipe up to stop the ringing. I let out a yawn before taking the duvet off and getting up from bed to start the day. Today was the first day of pre-season testing and I could already feel my anxiety kicking in, I barely could sleep last night of the excitement even though I had to be awake by 5 AM. A lot was happening today. First, I had to get my family from the airport, then I have to be at the circuit before 6:30 because I had to warm up, revise some data and talk with the team so that I could be in the car by 8 when the morning session starts. I ended up having the morning session and Max will be testing this evening, but I didn't really have anything to complain about because I was an early bird anyway and we will switch it up tomorrow. 'Nini, I'm going to pick up mum, Jak and Cami. Are you coming with me?'. I asked my sister as I lightly nudged her shoulder. She blinked a couple of times trying to stay awake before nodding.' I'm gonna shower, get ready'. I said before making my way to the bathroom to start my day. Usually, Nini showers at night before going to bed and I do the opposite, I need to shower as soon as I wake up to get rid of the sleepiness. I do my usual routine and 20 minutes later I'm out of the shower, drying my hair and brushing my teeth. I heard a knock on the door.'Come in'. I said once I spit out the rest of the toothpaste and clean my mouth with a towel, I was already dried and in a bathrobe so I didn't mind giving my sister the bathroom while I put my Red Bull kit on.

'It's too early, I need something sugary to wake me up'. I heard my sister say as she entered the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face.

'I know I feel the same but I'm excited to see mum and the little devils again'. I said as I grabbed from my suitcase the Red Bull t-shirt that the team had stocked me with and some simple white jeans and sneakers.

'Jak is going to be so bubbly and energized, I'll have to find a way to match his energy'. Nini joked and I let out a chuckle because like she said Jak was probably the most excited to be here this weekend. He'll get to see all the behind the scenes of Formula 1 and even though he's been to races before, this was the first time he'll see me race in a formula 1 car and that just increased my nervousness. I wanted to do good for him.

'Don't remind me, he's been texting me all night about how excited he is and I think that he sometimes forgets he's a racing driver too. This is not the first time he'll attend an f1 race'. I said as I changed into some clean underwear and then put on the clothes I had previously taken from my suitcase.

'Don't feel pressured to do an astonishing job for us, Lani. Take it easy, you're allowed to make mistakes. This is your second time driving a formula 1 car'. I heard my sister say from the bathroom and I let out a sigh.