21. Night racing, the DNF plague, and you're no fun.

-.¸¸.·'F̲a̲s̲t̲e̲r̲ ̲t̲h̲a̲n̲ ̲t̲h̲e̲ ̲w̲i̲n̲d̲,̲ ̲p̲a̲s̲s̲i̲o̲n̲a̲t̲e̲ ̲a̲s̲ ̲s̲i̲n̲,̲ ̲e̲n̲d̲i̲n̲g̲ ̲s̲o̲ ̲s̲u̲d̲d̲e̲n̲l̲y̲ '·.¸¸.·'

(A/N: Italics: thoughts. Italics-bold: driver radio. Bold : engineer in radio. Simple while in between laps: commentators)

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Third person POV
Sunday

It wasn't rare to see Alana Crawford parked in her car, the engine off, and sitting in the parking lot with her phone

It wasn't rare to see Alana Crawford parked in her car, the engine off, and sitting in the parking lot with her phone. Now that some of her weekends were spent in countries from around the globe, it was becoming a habit to call one of her parents or siblings before the race so that they didn't get the chance to blow up her phone with text messages. That explained why she was slumped on the Honda S660 the team had burrowed her for the weekend with her phone pressed between her shoulder and cheek as she searched for her paddock pass.

'Yes, Cami. I already spoke with El, she assured me she would get an extra paddock pass for Miami. Stop stressing'. The young racing driver spoke with difficulty as this was the second time she had to remind her sister and the all-access pass she needed was nowhere to be seen. 'I can't believe I lost it again'. The 22-year-old mumbled, confusing the med student on the other end of the line.

'What have you lost again?'. The youngest of the Crawford sisters questioned making her older sister pay attention to the conversation and sending her a look from across the kitchen counter. Nini was eating her breakfast slowly as she tuned in and out of the conversation her younger sisters were having.

'I think I left my paddock pass in my hotel room if not then I lost it'. The racing driver started to explain before catching a glimpse of the blue neck lace that held her pass underneath the passenger seat. She bent over to take a better look and smiled widely when she noticed it was, indeed, the pass that she'd been looking for. 'Nevermind, I found it'.She exclaimed returning to the conversation she was having with Cami. 'Anyways, you only call me to ask for an extra pass or do you want something else?'. Lani said subtly telling her sister to hurry up as she was coming late for the first meeting of the morning with her team. She was putting everything back in her bag when the younger Crawford answered.

'No, we wanted to make sure you didn't forget since Miami is just around the corner and also to check up on you before the race'. The girl spoke and noticed her older sister getting closer to her, an apple in hand as she waited for Lani's answer.

'Who is we?'. The Brazilian driver questioned as she checked one more time if she had everything she needed before stepping out of the car.

'Oh, I'm on speaker, Nini's been listening to the conversation the whole time, fofoqueira'. The young girl mumbled the last part trying to act natural and making her sister on the other side of the phone chuckle.

'Hi, Lali!'. Nini says loud enough for the brunette to hear.

'Hi, Nini. What are you doing down in Florida?'. She asked getting out of the car and locking it before turning on her place and starting to make her way toward the entrance that was filled with photographers and some fans that might have a VIP pass because the back entrance was only for people from the team and drivers.