22. Benny Rodriguez, Shego and Charlie.

J̲u̲s̲t̲ ̲l̲e̲t̲ ̲m̲e̲ ̲k̲n̲o̲w̲ ̲I̲'̲l̲l̲ ̲b̲e̲ ̲a̲t̲ ̲t̲h̲e̲ ̲d̲o̲o̲r̲,̲ ̲a̲t̲ ̲t̲h̲e̲ ̲d̲o̲o̲r̲ ̲
H̲o̲p̲i̲n̲g̲ ̲y̲o̲u̲'̲l̲l̲ ̲c̲o̲m̲e̲ ̲a̲r̲o̲u̲n̲d̲

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Alana's POV
Sunday

The team celebration was cut short after Xavier almost slipped on a table and Christian's credit card nearly got rebooted

The team celebration was cut short after Xavier almost slipped on a table and Christian's credit card nearly got rebooted. We went down to the hotel's bar and shared some drinks while discussing the race. It was a really fun night especially since we didn't have to worry about catching flights early now that the team and I were traveling tomorrow afternoon.

After a lot of nagging from Nini, I decided to go to the small gathering, which I was beginning to suspect wasn't going to be so small, especially since Daniel had organized it. She had called me and after some advice and me showing her the things I had in my suitcase, we were now speaking about her week full of travel and telling people what to do.

'I'll have to leave you, Lani. I have to get up early tomorrow'. Nini spoke and I watched as she got up from where she was laying and rubbed her eyes. 'Some of us actually work during the week'.

'Technically I also work during the week'. I reminded my sister who looked at me with an unimpressed expression. 'Practice is on Friday'. I reminded her but the blonde-haired girl still looked unimpressed.

'If I drive one block in New York I already did an hour and a half like in your practice sessions. But you don't see someone giving me money for that'. She pointed out and I thought about it for a minute before nodding and shrugging my shoulders.

'Fair enough'. I finished straightening my hair and then glanced at the phone on the bathroom counter. 'Anyways, I have to finish getting ready because Max gave me less than 10 minutes to grab my stuff so we could ride to the restaurant together and he is not very patient'.

'Why is Max driving you? Don't they give you an expensive car to sponsor every week? Also, wasn't Max pissed with you?'. I laughed at the last bit, especially after the dozens of Lestappen memes the guys had sent to the group chat.

'Max's not pissed he's just grumpy but that's his constant state and Leo took my car after the team celebrations. He said he deserved it after the told-off he received from Ellie so I said yes'. I explained remembering that I had told my trainer to schedule a training session without looking at the texts the redhead had sent me early in the morning.

'Oh yeah, the team celebrations. How did that go?'. A smile crept into my face as I recalled Christian's face when the waiter told him the card was almost denied. Yikes.

'You know same old parties. Xavier almost fell from a table while dancing, bad pickup lines, and Max and Kelly fought again'. I said shrugging my shoulders. When I didn't get a response I looked down and stopped reapplying my lipstick to see my sister's surprised expression.