14. It's lights out and away we go here in Bahrain!.

(A/N: Italics: thoughts. Italics-bold: driver radio. Bold : engineer in radio)

---

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾B͟a͟b͟y͟, l͟e͟t͟ t͟h͟e͟ g͟a͟m͟e͟s͟ b͟e͟g͟i͟n͟
L͟e͟t͟ t͟h͟e͟ g͟a͟m͟e͟s͟ b͟e͟g͟i͟n͟
L͟e͟t͟ t͟h͟e͟ g͟a͟m͟e͟s͟ b͟e͟g͟i͟n͟ (n͟o͟w͟)‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾B͟a͟b͟y͟, l͟e͟t͟ t͟h͟e͟ g͟a͟m͟e͟s͟ b͟e͟g͟i͟n͟L͟e͟t͟ t͟h͟e͟ g͟a͟m͟e͟s͟ b͟e͟g͟i͟n͟L͟e͟t͟ t͟h͟e͟ g͟a͟m͟e͟s͟ b͟e͟g͟i͟n͟ (n͟o͟w͟)‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

Sakhir, Bahrain
Third person POV
Sunday

There was a shared feeling of excitement and nervousness in all the drivers that were standing in two lines listening to the Bahrain national anthem as they prepared themselves for the last-minute talk with their teams and mechanics before the formation lap.

'Good luck, Lana banana'. The Red Bull driver heard and her head turned to her left to see Pierre walking in the Red Bull driver's direction and embracing her in a short hug when he was standing in front of her.

'Good luck out there, frenchie'. She retorted making her friend smile and laugh at the nickname. 'Not going to lie, I'm shitting it'. She mumbled so only the two of them could hear her cursing.

'You're getting more British by the time. Spending too much time with the posh boys'. The French driver pointed out trying to distract the brunette and successfully doing so as she let out a chuckle and playfully nudged his shoulder. 'I'll see you after the race, Lani'. He said when he heard someone from his team shout for him to come over and Pyry telling him that it was time to go to the car.

'I'll see you after the race, Pear'. She repeated giving him one last smile before he disappeared on the crowded track. Alana looked at Leo who was making his way toward her tilting his head to the 4th place on the grid where the RB18 was parked, waiting for her.

'Time to shine'. The performance coach said and the girl nodded letting out a breath that she didn't know was holding. The pair walked down the track until they were meters away from the Red Bull. She quickly started a conversation with her mechanics as they made sure the car was in condition and the tyres were warm enough to give her some grip. The Brazilian driver put her helmet on as well as the headset before hopping in the car and covering her hands with the fireproof gloves. The upstanding green helmet with stars and the phrase "Lute pelo seu conto de fadas"(Fight for your fairytale) make it easier for the Brazilian's fans to know where their driver was.

'Starting with softs and then we will pit for mediums and see how things go in lap 15-20'. The girl heard one of her strategists, James, say since he was joining them on the track while Rob and Hannah were with Gianpiero and Christian in the pit lane watching the cars and going through the screens of data. 'As you know that's plan Alpha, if needed we will make a second pitstop but beware of the bumps in the circuit, they could cause punctures'. The young driver knew that she had to be careful with the limits not only because of track limits but also because it was possible she could get a puncture. That's another thing she had in mind, it was possible that because of punctures a safety car will be needed so she had to pay attention and trust her gut.