chapter five // rain.

(a/n: hey everyone enjoy chapter five!)

"you work out, right?" calum asks me.

"yeah, why?" i question.

"let's walk somewhere then, im sick of being stuck in here all day so let's just walk, take a breath of fresh air." he said, excitedly.

"sounds good to me, lets do it!" i say before changing my clothes.

-

"you walk so slow!" i say, power walking ahead of him.

"and you, missy, walk way too fast! slow down babe." he tells me.

"do you call every girl you see 'babe', or is it just me? just wondering." i ask him, wanting to be the only one.

"you're the only girl i talk to ella, you're the only one." he says, making me smile. "why? jealous?" he says, smirking.

"ha! what?? me? jealous??? no!" i say jokingly.

out of nowhere, it starts pouring extremely hard.

"of course this would happen on the only day we actually go outside." i say, which causes us both to laugh.

"1, 2, 3! run!" calum shouts.

we then run back to the apartment, laughing on the way there about how hilarious things all seemed.

when we get to the apartment, we don't go inside right away like we were planning to. instead, we just stop running and stare each other right in the eye. it was still pouring but we seemed to have forgotten all about it.

he's going to kiss me.

he leaned in and i was slowly leaning in as well, feeling anxious because calum hood was going to fucking kiss me, until he just pulled away and looked the other way.

"am i not good enough?" i ask without thinking and feel stupid for asking in the first place. he breathed heavily, "no, that's not it at all ella.. im the one who isn't good enough. i don't deserve anyone like you. you don't deserve me, you deserve better." he said, looking down at his shoes.

"just kiss me." i say, souding pretty confident, which was new for me.

"i can't ella, i can't do this to you. i like you, believe me, but i don't deserve someone like you." he said, before cupping my face into his huge soft hands and kissing my wet forehead with his soft lips.

"okay." i said, before taking his face into my hands and placing his lips onto mine.

he wasn't going go get out of it that easily.

he smiled throughout the kiss which made me somewhat happy.

"if anything, it's me who doesn't deserve you, okay calum? you're an amazing guy and any girl would be lucky to have you." i say, trying to make him feel better.

"and so are you ella, i really like you and i couldn't ask for anybody better. now let's get out of the rain, we don't want to get sick." he says, placing his arm over my shoulder and walking us up into our room.