chapter seventeen // new lady friend.

(a/n: hey this is sort of a filler chapter idk, but i hope you all like it!)

it was a tuesday afternoon, and i had nothing to do.

calum was out shopping for clothes with michael, he invited me but i decided to just let him be out without me having to tag along.

so since i was home alone, staring at the wall, i decided to put on some clothes and head out to starbucks, i was in the mood for it.

once i got there i went up to the counter and ordered a java chip frap. (IT'S HONESTLY SO GOOD I HAD IT FOR THE FIRST TIME LIKE A FEW DAYS AGO SO TRY IT IF YA HAVEN'T!)

once i received my drink, i sat down and scrolled through instagram.

a pretty girl with long black hair and amazing green eyes sat herself down into the empty chair that was in front of me and let out a quiet "hey."

i was confused, i mean, if a person that you've never seen before comes up to you and says hello, anyone would be.

"excuse me, do i know you?" i ask her, obviously i don't know her, since i have zero friends.

"no, im new in town and i know this sounds strange and all but i need a friend, someone to talk to." she said, looking down at her fingernails, which reminded me of myself.

"oh well im here and i also need a friend so, let's talk."

she then explained to me how she moved into town for college and how her parents lived in another state, blah blah blah. her name was peyton, she's my age and she just went through some terrible breakup.

"hey, i know it may be too soon but would you like to come over my place? i could use some company." i ask her, hoping she'd say yes since i was tired of laying in bed all day.

"yeah sure, sounds like fun."

-

once we get into the apartment room, we both spot calum and michael sitting on the couch.

"hey guys!" i say before hugging calum.

"hey babe, how was your day?"

"good thank you and how was you-" michael cut me off and asked "so who's your new lady friend?"

"oh im sorry, michael this is peyton, peyton this is michael, calum this is peyton, and peyton this is calum, my boyfriend."

they all greeted each other and then i bought peyton into my room.

she talked about how cute she thought michael was which made us both laugh for some reason.

we then got to know each other more, turns out she was attending the same college as me, she liked bands such as paramore and one direction and added, "odd mix, i know." (IT REALLY IS, I ALWAYS FEEL AWKWARD WHEN I SAY THAT I LIKE PARAMORE AND ONE DIRECTION LOL K BYE) she works as a cashier at some popular clothing store, and she has no siblings.

we spent the rest of our night talking about anything and everything, when you talk to a person for five hours over chinese food, you start to feel as if you've known them for what seems like forever.

when she had to go home at 10pm, she had no ride since she had walked to starbucks and i had drove her to the apartment. and i wasn't going to let her walk around in the dark, but i was also way too tired to drive her to her apartment.

"michael, can you please take peyton home?" i beg him. she thought he was cute anyways so it was a bonus for her.

"yeah sure, now?"

"well yeah, if you don't mind." i said, since he was playing an intense game of god knows what on the Xbox with calum.

"okay, just give me five more minutes."

i then go back into my room where peyton was and said, "michael's taking you home in five minutes."

she then smiled and began to tie her shoes. before she left the room, she gave me her number.

"bye ella, today was nice, thanks for everything, text me sometime!"

-

"calum, now that everyone's gone, can we finally get some rest?" i say, yawning and rubbing my tired eyes.

"yeah sure, im guessing you wanna sleep with me tonight?" he asked, while putting the game back into it's case.

"yeah, i just keep on having nightmares and it'd make me feel better to not be alone."

-

after we get comfortable in bed, i feel his hand on my shoulder and i felt like he was going to say something.

"you're beautiful, you know that?" he whispers, while holding his head up on his hand so that now he was looking over me.

he then starts to give me neck kisses.

i giggle and accidentally let out a small moan.

"i hate that you make me feel this way." i said.

"i love that i make you feel that way."

he then lays his head back down and wraps his arms around me.