chapter nine // ella the eavesdropper.

(a/n: heyo, hope you're all enjoying the 'story' so far because im actually pretty proud of it idk haha enjoy chapter nine babes!)

hannah. she was still here. it's already been a week and i was getting tired of her throwing herself all over calum, i mean, she had a boyfriend to throw herself all over on back at home, and that was not calum.

i've never been this jealous before. yes, i have had crushes and have been jealous plenty of times before but it was different now, i actually like calum.

i was in the middle of texting luke until i heard hannah taking calum into his room. hmm.

i slowly and quietly opened my bedroom door and tiptoed over to calum's closed door, yes i know that it's wrong to eavesdrop, but hey, im curious.

"... i only came here for you, calum." i heard her whisper into his ear, at least i think it was his ear, since i couldn't see. "well that's uh sweet of you." he replied, sounding somewhat uncomfortable. hannah took a deep breath before saying "look, maybe we could get together tonight, i broke up with my boyfriend and everything, i just miss you calum." i could feel her batting her eyes and pouting her lips. "yeah sure, let's go out for dinner tonight, eight o clock babe."

i heard footsteps. holy shit. i ran halfway across the living room/kitchen only before calum said "hey, um, what were you doing?" i turn around slowly and respond with "oh um, y'know, admiring the uh.. wine glasses!" i say, biting my lip and mentally laughing at my lame excuse. really ella, wine glasses? "you don't drink wine babe." he was coming closer. "don't call me babe please and um, thank you for forgetting dinner for the past week, makes me feel very special." i say to him before turning around and slowly walking towards my room, hoping he'd just stay silent and walk away.

"look im sorry okay? we can uh do dinner tomorrow night." he says, quietly. "and why not tonight?" i question him, obviously knowing the answer, and testing him to see if he'd tell me the truth or not. "im um busy tonight." he says, scratching the back of his neck, something he does when he's nervous. "oh well i am too, im going on a date."

"what? with who?" he asks, changing the tone of his voice. "his name is luke." i continue.

"luke hemmings?" he questioned, looking somewhat confused. "yes! how'd you know?" i exclaimed. "oh he's a friend of mine.. well you two have fun." he says, walking away. "we will!" i assure him and felt the need to add "have fun with hannah tonight!"

he slowly turns around and asks me, "how do you know about that?" looking puzzled. "i know everything, babe."

"well aren't you little miss know it all." he says, circling me. "yeah, that's me, ella the know it all." i say, feeling intimidated since he was walking around me, looking down at me. "i love ella the know it all, i love ella the eavesdropper, i love ella, ella, i love you." he tells me, making me smile since nobody has ever told me they loved me before, well not a boy my age. "yeah well you also love hannah, little miss heartbreaker."

"don't say that, i love ella kasper and only her, i'll make hannah leave." he says, standing only three inches away from me and looking down at me. "and i love calum hood, i always have." he smiles and puts his forehead against mine, our fingers intertwining, and finally, his smooth lips crash into mine, and it lasted only two fucking seconds before hannah suddenly appears saying, "am i interrupting? im sorry." making us break away from each other and calum leaving me to talk to hannah, yet again.

'im sorry' he mouths while going to convince hannah to leave.