chapter eight // hannah.

(a/n: hope you enjoy chapter eight and that you're having a good day so far, and if no one has told you yet, you're beautiful)

december. my favorite month out of all of the twelve that there are.

calum and i were still 'just friends', and i was desperately waiting for him to ask me out but everytime it was so close to happening, something just ruined the moment. it happened every fucking time. but then again, i don't know if i would say yes or no.

it's not that i don't like calum, i obviously do, but i was just too scared of what would happen if we actually did start going out.

will we act different? will it be awkward? will i not care for him like i do now? and how in the world did a girl like me get a guy like calum to even like me?

"hey babe." calum said, startling me. "hey calum, what's up?" i ask him, sitting myself down onto the stool chair in the kitchen. he walked up behind me and placed his chin on my shoulder so that'd he'd be able to whisper into my ear and whispered, "i was thinking that maybe tonight we could go for dinner, i looked up this amazing restaur-" he was interrupted by his phone beeping.

you see? every fucking time.

"oh shit." he exclaimed. "what? what's wrong?" i ask him, spinning the other way around on the chair so that i was facing him. "it's hannah, she's come to here, to new york, and has nowhere to stay." he explained to me. "can she please stay here? it'll only be for a week or two." he begged. "isn't that the girl who broke you heart? why on earth would you be nice to her by offering her to stay here?" i asked him, getting quite angry over the fact that he wants his ex girlfriend to stay here, where we live.

"yeah but i know she'd do it for me so i want to be nice and do it for her." he told me. "fine alright, whatever i guess." i said before heading into my room and sitting myself down on my bed, to think things over.. and sadly start my homework.

-

"she's here!" calum shouted, sounding pretty excited. "well aren't you happy..." i say, looking down at my fingernails. "i haven't seen her in 2 years so well, yes." he says, running downstairs to open the door for hannah.

"you're going to love ella, and new york as well!" i could hear calum say from down the stairs, causing me to smile over the fact that he mentioned me.

"ella, meet hannah, and hannah meet ella, my roomate and friend." he says, so i played along and forced a smile, shook her hand, and went back into my room.

-

"ella do you wanna go out for dinner!?" calum shouted, since he was in another room, and i smiled since he remembered the dinner, but before i could agree to go to dinner with him he added, "with hannah and i?" to which i responded "no thanks, im full." even though i haven't eaten anything but a cookie in the past six hours just because i was saving my appetite for when calum and i went to dinner.. which wasn't happening anymore.

i decided to head to starbucks since it wasn't so far, and i just needed to think, anywhere but here.

-

once i walked into starbucks, i was greeted with the sweet yet bitter aroma of coffee. it was one of my favorite scents.

i walked up to the cashier guy and told him what i wanted.

"hey, you're very pretty, do you know that?" he asked me, which surprised me since he was so good looking and he thought that i was good looking and when a good looking person thinks that you're good looking, it makes you feel good looking.. y'know?

"you're not bad yourself." i say, giving him the five dollars so that i'd be able to recieve my latte. "what's your name? i need to know so that i could write it onto the cup." he asked. "oh, ella." i say nervously. "oh well mine is luke!" he says while writing my name onto the cup, which somewhat took him forever, which i don't get why since my name is composed of only four letters.

"enjoy your drink." he said, giving me the cup and winking at me. it only took me 2 minutes to find out that while he was writing my name down, he also wrote down his number.

-

calum and hannah were out for the rest of the night god knows where, while i just sat down, doing homework and studying for some stupid history test we were having before winter break.

i then suddenly remembered that this luke guy gave me his number and he seemed pretty nice so i spent the rest of my saturday night texting him while trying to study, wishing i could be wrapped in calum's arms instead, while he was out and about with his ex. im so stupid for liking him.