chapter two // three, really?

(a/n: hey i hope you're enjoying the story so far even though it hasn't even got far, but i have a good feeling about this story.. enjoy chapter two babes)

*annoying knocking on the door*

"who is it?" i question, thinking that it was my mother, who worries way too much about me.

"it's calum, open up because these suitcases are heavy!" he replied.

guess i was wrong.

i opened the door and helped him with his three suitcases.

"uh calum, i once went on a two week vacation, bought two suitcases full of clothes and had nothing to wear for the last two days, so how on earth will three suitcases last you at least one month?" i asked him, which made him laugh.

"ella, im a man, therefore, i can make these three suitcases full of clothes last me a very long time, and if not, i can always buy more." he told me.

"whatever you say." i replied.

after calum settled in, we went out for coffee to get to know each other better since we'd be living together for quite some time.

an hour passed and there was more to him than i thought there was. his parents are still together, they wanted him to be responsible therefore, he moved out and in with me, he likes puppies, is in a relationship with a girl named hannah (god damnit) who lives in australia, where calum used to live long ago, and has three best friends named luke, michael and ashton.

"so do you have any talents?" i asked, since i was running out of things to ask.

"well, i like to sing and i think im pretty good at it." he said.

"let me be the judge of that!" i say, hoping he'd just start singing before remembering that we were in starbucks.

"maybe some other time." he said before beginning to laugh. "do you have any talents? you know, other than intimidating me?" he asked, seriously.

"i intimidate you? me, ella?" i questioned him, confused.

"don't act like you don't know what you do to me." he told me.

"you're such a flirt." i said jokingly while softly punching his shoulder.

calum had his whole life figured out, he knew exactly what he wanted.

he was so different from me. i didn't know what i wanted for myself, let alone what i wanted to eat for dinner.

right on cue, calum asked "hey, how about dinner?"

this was the start to an amazing friendship.