chapter seven // calum hood my 'boyfriend'.

(a/n: hey everyone, hope your day is going well and that you enjoy chapter seven!)

it was the morning of thanksgiving, my second favorite holiday, and the first thing i smelt when i woke up were scrambled eggs. mmm.

once i opened my tired eyes that were closed for a short five hours, i spotted calum flipping scrambled eggs onto the pan, or at least trying to since he wasn't the best cook.

i smiled at the thought of him trying to make me happy by making me breakfast even though he barely knew how to and said "goodmorning cal." trying to sound and look as awake as possible.

"y'know, you're really cute when you're all tired and have that morning voice of yours." he said making me blush. "and y'know, i bet you would be cute looking all tired but oh wait, you never are." i replied, making him laugh.

i then got up to brush my teeth so that i could eat what calum has cooked, which was only scrambled eggs and waffles, but i wasn't all that hungry so i didn't mind.

"holy shit!" i shouted while in the middle of eating. "what? what happened? are you okay?" calum asked, looking worried yet curious. "i forgot that today i have to attend this huge family dinner for my mom." i said, which to he responded "oh." and continued to eat the scrambled eggs he told me he took 30 minutes to make.

"you need to come with me!" i begged him, on my knees, literally on my knees. "no way! they won't like me!"

he started to walk away, which i couldn't let happen, so i quickly laid flat on my chest and put my arms around his leg, y'know, like what a baby does when they don't want to leave their mom.

"ella what the hell are you doing?" he asked in between laughs. "please calum you need to come, please, with a cherry on top!" i begged, while still on the floor. "i hate cherries." he replied. "strawberry on top?" i said, making it sound more like a question rather than a normal sentence. "fine, now let go of my leg and tell me why i have to go."

-

"okay, so you want me to be your little pretend boyfriend, so that your mom will stop bothering you?" he asked, repeating my master plan. "yes! we met at a coffee shop one year ago, we fell in love five months ago and you asked me out two months ago." i explained to him. "alright alright, i'll do it, but... what do i get in return?" he asked, rubbing his chin with his pointing finger and thumb. "a vanilla milkshake with a strawberry on top." i said, trying my best to convince him. "sounds good to me."

"alright, we have only three fucking hours to get ready so throw on a tux while i shower and do my hair." i told him. "will you be wearing a dress?" he asked. "yeah, a black one to match your tux." i replied. "will it be tight?" he questioned, looking at my body. "get ready calum.

-

"make a right, and after the right, make a left." i said, directing calum to my mother's house.

"okay what now, navigator?" he asked.

"make a right, keep going straight, make another right, and voila! we're there."

once we got there, calum opened my car door for me and held my hand as we went inside.

here goes nothing.

-

"ella, my dear, is he that boyfriend you told me about today!?" my mother said, pointing at calum and sounding excited. "yes mom, meet calum hood, my boyfriend of two months." i said before calum politely greeted her.

"hello calum, thanks for having the patience to date my daughter. y'know, she's never really introduced me to a guy ever bef-" i cut off my mother by saying "okay calum and i are going to sit down, bye mom."

"vous avez vous-même une bonne chose, ella!" my mom told me, in french before winking. (translates to: you've got yourself a good one, ella!)

"parle-moi de ça." i replied back to her, which made calum look a bit puzzled. (translates to: tell me about it.)

calum and i sat on the couch.

"you never told me you spoke italian or french or spanish or whatever the fuck that was!" he said, looking shocked.

"wasn't important, and it's french by the ways." i said, while chewing hard on my flavorless gum.

"it is important, it's fucking hot."

the rest of the night was just, "oh, how'd you get yourself a guy like him?" or, "oh, how'd he get himself a girl like you?" and or people congratulating me on finally getting my first 'boyfriend'.

-

calum and i went outside and sat on the bench, just to take a breath of fresh air.

"so, you never really introduced your mom or dad to a guy before?" he asked me, making my cheeks turn red since it seemed pretty embarrassing. to be 18 and have not introduced any guy to your mom or dad is just.. not something to be proud of.

"well um no, not really." i reply, looking down at my shoes. "wait you're telling me that you've never had a boyfriend?" he asks, looking at me. "that's right." i say nervously biting my bottom lip. "i don't get why not, you're hot." he said, before putting his arm around me.

"thanks calum, let's get home now, it's getting pretty late."

"do you push everybody that cares for you away, or is it just me?" he asks me, being serious. "what're you talking about?" i ask, geting defensive. "every single time i've tried to flirt with you for the past month you've just made up an excuse to leave, i don't get what you're afraid of." he says, loudly. "lower your voice, just drive us home so i can sleep, please." i beg.

"im sorry but you know that i like you, right ella?" he asks, waiting for an answer. "yes calum and i like you too, but let's just go, im tired." i say rubbing my eyes. "okay, fine."