7. 𝓐 𝓭𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮

Ae Dil hai mushkil (title track)(Listen to the song for better effect)

(Listen to the song for better effect)

"Can we get the attention of everybody? "
"Cool. So the night is getting a bit boring don't you think? How about we light it up by a dance. Not just any dance a couple dance. I would like to invite the Singhania's to come on to the dance floor. "

Rehan and Arya looked as if they just saw a ghost. I saw Rehan ask for her hand and then both of them going to the dance floor.

"Dhruv , can we?" Mahika asked pouting at me.

Someone had to dance other than the newly wed.
Veer Bhai had left early with Dhwani bhabi. That means he was the only brother left.
"Fine" he said impassive.
It was just a dance. It didn't matter.

They made their way to the floor as the music started.

Dhruv placed his hands on Mahika's bare waist as she placed her hands on his body.
A slow music started playing while the lights dimmed and they started dancing.

For Dhruv it was a Deja vu. He saw the face of his Avantika in Mahika and the surroundings started changing to the first time they ever danced together , their College prom night.

"How have you been Sunshine? "
"God it's you again. Didn't you get the hint already? I'm not interested mister. " Avantu said rolling her eyes.
"I'm fine with that. I was here to just ask you for a dance. As friends. "

Her buddies seemed more excited than her when they forced her to accepting my request.

It was a new kind of thrill for him when he had his arms around her and her eyes on him.

He twirled Mahika going with the flow of the music. She was an impeccable dancer. Her Grace was something to watch and admire.
He have always liked Mahika. They grew up together after all. But it was just an affection between childhood friends but Avantika Ranganathan was the love of his life.

"Avantu , will you go out with me?"
"Yeah sure. Where do you wanna go? "
"Not like that you idiot. Will you date me?"
"Oh.....ooohhhhhh. Of course I will."
She jumped in my arms , her happiness uncontrollable. The clattering of her anklets enhanced the beauty of the moment mixing with her melodious giggles.

I was watching her teach keertanas to the children. She was in a half saree, her hair in a braid. Avantika had a Veena in her hands. She looked like a goddess and he admired her how a devotee would admire his deity.

More people were dancing around them now. Mahika was looking up at him with so much adoration. But even if he tried, his mind always ended up thinking about his Sunshine.