Arc 2: Chapter 2

Elsewhere

In a village built on a low water lake cheerful laughter rang out as the lizard children ran around playing with each other; creating an ambiance that was carefree and lively.

This serene moment, however, was disturbed by an ominous cloud forming in the sky, catching the attention of the villagers and silencing the laughter of the children.

Sensing the danger behind the phenomenon, the chief lizardman firmly gave out orders.

"Hide the children! Anyone not a warrior take shelter in your homes!"

The villagers scurried along quickly to carry out his orders. Not long after , something foreboding emerged from the clouds.

With many distorted faces and a voice that overlapped with menacing tones the messenger of death began,

"Hear me! I have been sent by the Great One, as a herald! I declare death unto you!"

" The Great One has mobilized an army to destroy you! Nonetheless, time has been granted unto you to allow you to mount a desperate albeit futile resistance! Eight days from now at that time you shall be the second offering of death from the lizard men tribes of this lake!"

The second?

" Offer your desperate resistance, so the Great One May sneeringly take delight ! By no means forget, eight days!" And with that last warning, the unsettling atmosphere became calm once again.

****

"You remember the clouds covered the heavens right? That was likely fourth tier magic, cloud control," the head priestess of the green claw lizardmen tribe advised the lizardmen as they kept a meeting to discuss the current situation.

"Only a powerful magic caster could use something of this scope. Even I can only use as high as second tier. We should evacuate as soon as possible," the priestess advised.