Arc 2 : Chapter 7

Edited: yeah so shit happened and I didn't write 🫠.

I hope the new year has been good to y'all.

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

*Carne Village*

The villagers were hard at work constructing the different booths according to the designs you provided. This was about to be the biggest event the village has ever organized.

Not only will it serve as a dedication to their merciful goddess but it will also serve as source of income.

This festival is expected to last a whole week and all nearby villages were invited.

"More to the right, a little higher, higher...perfect," Jibril was supervising the building of the main stage where a big performance will take place on the 5th day and on the last night of the festival.

Troops from Nazarick were busy constructing an Inn with 50 rooms for guests that will be staying overnight.

At the temple, a group of 12 shrine maidens could be seen diligently practicing ceremonial dances for the festival.

Wide sleeves of a multitude of colours can be seen fluttering elegantly and elaborate from meticulous leaps.

Everyone was busy preparing for the festival to commence in less than three days.

While all this was happening, Y/N was in Nazarick casually sipping tea and lounging on a soft couch in a common room on the 8th floor of Nazarick.

"Well, are they dead yet?"

"The lizardmen have been successfully annexed My Lady," Arthur responded.

"Oh" you responded with a contemplative look.

"Should we proceed as planned?"

"Of course."

*****

A tall and refine aged gentleman briskly walked into the guild attracting the attention of all the people present.

"We welcome you to the magician's guild."

"Could you please show me the usual list?" The gentleman requested.

"As you wish Lord Sebas." The clerk voiced before presenting a large black book with intricate silver designs.

"Would you tell me a little more about this 'floating board' spell?" Sebas questioned after flipping through the text.

"Yes, the floating board spell is a first-tier spell that creates a floating translucent board. The spell is essentially used for transporting items, and employed in public works projects," The clerk explained.

"I see, then I will purchase one such magic scroll," Sebas responded.

"Arigatou gozimasu, that will be one gold and ten silver coins, please."

After the exchange was made Sebas left the establishment to tour a certain area of the city filled with squalid dwellings.

Soon he witnessed a body sized sack being tossed out onto the streets by a large individual.

The sack contained a bruised and abused human girl.

"Would you please remove your hand ?"
Sebas voiced after being grabbed at the ankle by said girl.