Arc 2: Chapter 8

A/n: So I've made it to my final year of university yay me 🥹🥳.

I couldn't find the picture of the temple.

*******

The Second Day

Everything has been going smoothly so far with the festival. It can be said that this event was well received by the netizens of this world.

Amidst the lush landscape Carne Village, nestled at the top of a mountain, lies a temple dedicated to the merciful goddess.

As the morning sun bathes the temple's grand visage in a golden glow, devotees clad in vibrant hues gather eagerly, footsteps echoing rhythmically against the stone pathways.

Ascending the grand staircase adorned with intricate carvings depicting religious symbols, visitors enter the temple's inner sanctum with awe and reverence.

The air is filled with the heavy scent of incense, mingling with the sweet aroma of flowers being offered in devotion.

Soft music flowed from harps, being strummed by priestesses, floating through the air creating a divine atmosphere.

At the heart of the temple stands a sacred image of the goddess, radiant and resplendent in her divine form. Adorned with garlands of marigolds and jasmine, her serene countenance exudes an aura of grace and tranquillity.

Her eyes, deep pools of compassion and her gaze filled with understanding as if she was standing there herself.

As Ulrike, the head priestess begins the ritual of worship, the rhythmic chanting of sacred hymns fills the air, accompanied by melodic bell sounds and soft drum beats.

Devotees bow their heads in prayer, offering heartfelt petitions and seeking solace in the goddess's benevolent presence.

Outside the temple, priestesses were seen performing healing and other activities to engage devotees. Those foreign to this concept were quick to go with the flow affected by the atmosphere of communal harmony.

As the sun begins its descent towards the horizon, the evening rituals commence. The devotees gather once more, hearts uplifted in prayer and gratitude.

As darkness falls and stars twinkle, the pyres of the temple lit up with sacred blue flames burning brightly.

In the centre of an elevated platform, twelve priestesses adorned in flowing robes gather in a circle. Their movements synchronized with the rhythms of ancient drums and bells.

As the soft blue glow from the torches illuminates the place, the air thrums with anticipation. With graceful gestures and fluid motions, the priestesses begin their ritual dance.

Their bare feet effortlessly glided across the polished stone floor. Each movement is executed with intention and meaning. Their bodies become vessels of expression, channelling the divine energy that flows within them.

As the tempo of the music intensifies, their movements become more fervent drawing gasps of awe from the spectators.

Their twirling forms a blur of motion, their arms reach skyward, fingers outstretched towards the heavens as if beseeching the goddess for blessings and guidance.

The rhythm of the drums reverberates through the temple, echoing the heartbeat of the earth. The priestesses' voices rise in a melodic chant blending in seamlessly with the music.

Their dance is a celebration of life, a tribute to the cycles of birth, death and rebirth that govern the natural world.

As the dance reaches its crescendo, their movements become more frenzied and their bodies seemingly possessed by divine ecstasy. Their voices soar in exultation filling the temple with a transcendent energy. At this moment, they are not just priestesses but divine vessels channelling power and grace.

And as it began, the dance came to an end. Gripping the hearts of the devotees as they waited with bated breaths.

The last of the music faded into the night and the priestesses bowed their heads in reverence.

*******
*Nazarick Eight (or was it 9th) Floor*

An elaborately dressed Y/N was seated on her throne, relaxed as if waiting for something to happen.

Soon enough energy gathered beckoning an astral summoning. A projection of one's spirit.

And just like that, her spiritual presence disappeared, leaving her physical body relaxed on the throne.

******

A ripple forms in the atmosphere and the air stagnates.

Small orbs of light gathered in the main spot of the disturbance forming the magnificent stature of a goddess.

Intricate white and gold robes outlined the figure with a massive crown on their head. Multiple pairs of wings stretched across the sky framing the person with esteemed countenance.

Though not a fully solid form everyone could guess it was the Merciful Goddess gracing them with her presence.

The figure smiled and a feeling of calm and peace shrouded the hearts of all present before they disappeared.

The gathered worshippers watched in awe, their hearts uplifted by the beauty of the goddess.

Short as the moment was, they had glimpsed the divine goddess and felt her presence in their midst.

*******
A/n: this was more of a filler chapter, the plot will pick up in the next chapter. I did a little research for this chapter to write it better. I hope it wasn't too boring and I tried to be descriptive with flowery words.