Arc 2: Chapter 3

The night was very festive.

The lizard men gathered around small camp fires, eating and drinking to their heart's content celebrating their newly earned victory.

Cheers rang out among them ever so often as they drank themselves silly in a bliss of victory.

******

"Guardians of each floor, thank you for assembling before us.We will start with Victim, this is your first time meeting everyone else , isn't it?" You sat beside Ains on the throne as he addressed the guardians.

"Pleasure to meet you all! I am victim," the pink-brain baby floor guardian introduced themselves.

"I've called you, the guardian of the eight floor, for one reason, we still have not identified the foe who went after Shalltear. We must consider that an as-yet unforeseen incident may occur. As such, we require a powerful skill that is invoked by your death to protect all the guardians and ourselves included. I am sorry. I will bring you back to life right away so I hope you will forgive me."

"Do not let it bother you, Lord Ains, lady Y/N. I was born in order to die. If that power will be of assistance to the Supreme Ones, nothing could give me more joy," the Angel baby assured.

"Next, Demuirge, first allow me to honor you for always answering my call."

"What are you saying? It is only to be expected."

...

"Now then Cocytus, You ended in defeat," His usual monotonous voice projected with intensity.

"Yes, my lord. I am terribly sorry for my offense. I was-

"Cocytus if you're going to apologize, raise your head," you advised after seeing him bow his head in shame.

"Yes My Lady," he complied.

"Cocytus, tell us why you were defeated," Ains ordered.

"I am sorry for losing the army you entrusted me."

"Let me state upfront, I don't intend to reprimand you for loosing the army, however I want to know why you lost," Ains stated.

"I underestimated the lizard men. I should have acted more cautiously." Cocytus explain whilst feeling ashamed for disappointing the Supreme Ones.

"That's correct, you must never underestimate someone no matter how weak they are. Is there anything else?" He asked.

"Yes, I think I may have had insufficient information. The enemy's strength, the topography- I have learnt that without making sure of such considerations, the chances of victory were lowered no matter what I did," he explained, pointing out his shortcomings.

"Mmmhh" Ains muttered in agreement.

"I apologize, but that's all I can think of right now."

"Outstanding! That being said, considering what one of my guardians has learnt from this I will be getting change back from this deal."

"Arigatou Ains-sama."

"However, the fact remains that you still lost and so you must be punished. Cocytus, you will personally mop up that sludge. Exterminate the lizardmen!" Ains ordered.

****

And so the grand displace of power play was demonstrated.

Hundreds of undead soldiers garbed in silver and gold armour lead the royal procession to the home of the lizardmen.

Huh? It can't be !

I-impossible!

Murmurs of unrest rose amongst the lizardmen.

As the show-off Ains was, he froze the lake.

Then a large golem set the stage, placing a large rectangular sturdy slab of earth on the frozen lake.

A  flight of steps were then assembled using the armored skeletal bodies of hundreds of undead knights, giving way to the royal procession of the Supreme Ones and their guardians.

It was truly a sight to behold for the lizard men.

With a temporary throne erected, you and Ains sat side by side, with the guardians flanking on both sides.

(The throne is big enough for you both to sit, your on the left side where the twins would be beside you)

Once again, Ains used the same spell, a glop of grotesque mouths to communicate with the lizardmen.

"We bring you the words of the Great One. The Great One's wishes to converse with you. Let your delegate step forward at once. Know that time wasted is displeasing to the Great Ones."

*******End of Chapter ******

A/n: So I'm back from my break now, slow updates all the same but on a weekly basis.