Chapter 46: Engaged

*Becky's POV*

We were sitting in the sand, when Carter stood up pulling me with him. I smiled at him but also gave him a confused look. He had the biggest smile on his face that I've never seen before. He brought his hand up to my cheek and rubbed his thumb against the skin there, staring intently into my eyes. "You know I love you right?" He said randomly. "Yes, of course I do" I said back, with a smile. He took a deep breath before speaking. "Baby, before I met you, I wasn't happy. I spent most of my time looking for that someone to love. I thought I found it before. I believed I had it all. But I was wrong. I loved someone who only ended up hurting me. So I stopped looking for a long while. But one day, I decided to try again and just see. That's when I found you. That night I came into the bar, I saw you sitting on the stool and I thought you were the most beautiful girl and I thought to myself, I have to get to know you" he said chuckling, I giggled as he continued. "And the day in my room, when I asked you to be mine, I can't tell you how happy it made me when you said yes. But now, I'm hoping you'd say yes to this next question I'm about to ask" he said, getting down on one knee. My hand shot up to cover my mouth in shock. Is he really doing what I think he's doing? "Becky Elle, will you make me the happiest man alive, and marry me?" He asked sincerely, giving me the cutest smile. I immediately nodded my head before speaking. "Yes" I said, excitedly. "Yes?" He questioned. "Yes, of course" I replied. He jumped to his feet, hugging me tightly. I giggled as he put me down. He took my left hand, putting the ring on my ring finger. I looked down and smiled. "It's gorgeous" I said, looking up at him. He grinned. "Just like you" he commented. I giggled wrapping my arms around him. His arms wrapped securely around me as well. His head leaned against my own as he spoke. "I love you babygirl" he said smiling. "I love you too babe" I said back. I let go of him and sat down in the sand. I grabbed his arm, pulling him down next to me. He chuckled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as we just stared ahead at the waves. Here and there I would take a few glances down at my hand, running a finger along the beautiful ring that lays there. I smiled to myself. I still can't believe this happened. I turned my head to Carter's, giving him a kiss before pulling away and saying "I love you".

I never thought the day would come where I'd be engaged.