Chapter 26: Hopefully Things Go Well

*Becky's POV*

It's been a week now since I've last seen my parents. A whole week since I've been in my room, or in that house. I don't think they mind though. Hell, they're probably happy I'm not there.
But one of these days, I'm gonna have to go back. I still have a lot of my stuff there that I need to get. Carter has been insisting on going back just to get some more of my things, and hopefully to make amends with my parents. After all, I haven't spoken to them in over a week. My mom called my phone several times in the last couple days, but I didn't answer her call. I did send a text though, telling her that I was fine and I'm staying with a friend for awhile. Of course, she got mad at me for not telling her I was leaving. But I just didn't want to talk to any of them at that time. Maybe I should now. Or maybe I shouldn't. I sighed, putting my face in my hands. I felt a hand go on my back, gently rubbing that spot. "You okay?" I heard Carter ask. I put my hands down into my lap, turning my head to the side. "Yeah. Just thinking about my parents and what happened that day" I shrugged. Carter gave me a warm smile as he pulled me in his lap. "If you want to go back, we can" he said, stroking my hair. I leaned my head on his chest. "I need to, but I don't know what they're going to say. Or how they'll even react. It's been a week since that happened and I haven't spoken to them since" I said, feeling a bit sad. I mean, they're my parents. The ones I've known my whole life. The ones I've looked up to. Am I wrong on that? "Maybe you should call your parents. You know, try to see if you three could possibly work things out" Carter suggested, cupping my cheek. I closed my eyes and sighed. I looked at him and smiled softly. "I guess you're right. I probably should" I said, unsurely. "It's just the right thing to do babe. Even if you don't think so" he said, rubbing my cheek with his thumb.
"Alright" I said, getting up off his lap to grab my phone from on top of his dresser. I went back and sat back down in his lap. His arms wrapped slightly around me, comforting me. I held out my phone and dialed my mom's number. I looked at it with a sigh as I pressed the call button. A few rings went before she picked up. "Hello" I heard her say. Here goes nothing. "Hi Mom" I replied back. I'm hoping everything will be alright and we all can go back to the way we were before; happy.

All I truly ask, is for things to work out, and everything going well.