01.

The seven of them were sprawled out in one of their friend's living room. Laughter and screams filled the ambience of the enormous house as the young souls embraced themselves with contentment.

They were going to play charades but one of them seemed to be missing for quite a while.

"Where is Jake?" Jungwon, the curious one with his mischievous Cheshire eyes squinted at the youngest, Ni-ki, who was busy playfully pulling his friend's leg who had seemingly lost in a match with him.

In a sigh, the cat-eyed boy turned to face the only sane flesh in the room.

"Perhaps have you seen your lovely boy somewhere?" Jungwon uttered in an accent that if the said 'lovely boy' were to be present, he may have gotten a handful of nagging. The girl only shook her head, clearly as clueless as him.

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that the house was pretty enormous. It had multiple rooms so it wouldn't be a surprise if someone got lost on their way back.

Frustrated, the boy finally gave in, nonchalantly resuming whatever activity had captured his attention moments before.

"I'll go look for him," the boys stopped whatever they were doing and exchanged looks with each other, their lips moulding into an unwanted knowing smile.

She was the sole girl among the seven lads, and they were well aware of the reason for their mate's sudden absence.

She got up to leave, oblivious to the pair of eyes that were watching her every move intently. Something broke within them to see the girl caring for his friend so endearingly— something he wished for. The worry that outlined her beautiful details didn't go unnoticed by the boy. It was something that he couldn't have.

"It's happening," one of them mumbled, a wicked smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

The rest of the group swiftly returned to whatever they were doing, except for the one whose gaze remained locked on the figure gradually disappearing down the hall.