06.

"Jay, I told you it was a stupid idea," Jungwon retorted for the umpteenth time in a futile attempt to knock some senses into the older male.

"What? It wasn't solely my idea. He proposed. All of us agreed," Jay pointed at everyone in the lounge, still persistent.

"Yeah, Jungwon, quit being a wuss and enjoy the show."

"Young lad, you better watch your mouth," the youngest only shrugged, plainly amused by the drama.

Amidst the bickering, Sunghoon, who hadn't uttered a word since the commotion started, couldn't help but express his displeasure.

"This shouldn't be happening. How could you all turn a blind eye to this? Do you find it amusing?"

"What the heck are you blabbering about?" Jay sat up, clearly annoyed at where this conversation was heading.

"Are you all going to sit here and watch as he exploits that girl upstairs, won't you?"

"I believe you are being a little melodramatic, Sunghoon."

"How about you Jay? Aren't you being an asshole too? What do you think about that?"

"What else do you suggest? That girl wears her heart on her sleeve. What's even wrong with him pursuing her?" Heeseung shrugged, feeling compelled to bring the conversation to a close.

"He fucking bet on her. You don't call that 'pursuing.' You know too damn well that he's going to dump her later."

"I second that. She's too gullible and easy." 

Next thing Jay knew that he was tackled down by a raging Sunghoon. It quickly spiralled into a brawl, with both of them throwing fists at one other.

Heeseung got out of his seat sluggishly, separating them from each other, displeasure outlining his features.

"Look at you two, acting like some fucking kindergartners, fighting over a toy. Get your act together. And you don't have to get all riled up, Sunghoon. I understand you have sympathy for this girl but this isn't the first time any of this is happening."

Sunghoon was unwittingly sent back to the inflicting memories of his brutal past. He flinched.

"I fucking know, okay? You don't have to remind me every damn time. I'm sick of this shit," Sunghoon sprang to his feet, grabbing his jacket in the process, eager to escape the tense air that was slowly strangling him.

"That was needlessly amusing," Ni-Ki mused from his spot, only to earn a glare from the older.

"Jay, you need to undertone it. You know what Sunghoon is like after the little incident with that particular one. He gets a little over-sensitive."

"Well, that's not my fucking problem if he doesn't have the guts to confront his own deeds," Jay snarled, his tone tinged with annoyance.

"SO YOU ARE TELLING ME SUNGHOON IS STILL HUNG UP ON THAT GIRL? GOTTA GO ASK HIM."

"Shut up, Ni-Ki," the cat-eyed boy groaned.

Jungwon sighed, running a hand through his hair. The tension in the room was palpable, he felt caught in the middle of the brewing storm.