09.

"Where exactly are we going?" Lily giggled from below as Jake had her scooped up over his shoulder with his muscular arm secured around the back of her legs such that her body was suspended mid-way in the air. With a mix of exhilaration and amusement painting her rose-tinted cheeks, she looked a hot mess.

She felt a weird sense of security as she stared at the muscles on his back despite the unorthodox position.

"I know a place not too far from here.  A quiet spot where we can have some time to ourselves," Jake smirked playfully, his arms tightening around her.

Lily's heart skipped a beat at his words.

"But can you please put me down first?" Lily pleaded with an adorable scowl that was of no use since she was talking to his back, but he could already envision the kind of look she would be making as she uttered those words.

"I prefer seeing you down bad for me, quite literally," Jake quipped, his tone dripping with charm and a mischievous glimmer in his eyes."But since you asked so endearingly, I will reluctantly put you down."

With a chuckle, he gently set her down on her feet, the touch lingering for longer than necessary before he intertwined his fingers with hers.

"You should feel honoured that your boyfriend carries you to dates so that you wouldn't have to walk. You're such a lucky girl," Jake teased her, with a glint of mischievousness dancing behind the playful innocence in his eyes.

After a short walk, they reached a park tucked away from the busy city. The serene ambience and the soothing hums of the wind relaxed their nerves. The entire park was bathed in soft moonlight, casting a romantic aura over the surroundings.

After Jake had helped Lily to her feet, his arms remained secured around her waist as if the idea of letting her go would disrupt the tranquillity of his mind. 

Lily looked around and her heart swelled with emotions at the sight. It was like she had stepped into a dream.

"I wanted us to have a moment alone," Jake said, his voice soft and earnest, "No distractions. No judgements. Just you and me."

Lily leaned in, a smile gracing her lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck to pull him into a heartful embrace, "I appreciate it, Jake. I mean it."

He smiled, his gaze filled with affection, "You mean a great deal to me, Lily. I really want to cherish you and make you happy. I want to be the reason behind your beautiful smile. I know we have just started this journey and I don't know what awaits us. But I promise, Lily, I will never hurt you. I can never. You mean everything to me."

Lily felt her heart well up at his sincere words. A tear trickled down her cheeks which Jake's thumb had managed to capture, " How can I stand tears in your eyes when I swore to make you happy, Lily?" Jake said with a subtle smile before tilting his head to kiss the spot under her eyes.

Before Jake would pull back, Lily captured his lips in a slow chaste kiss, conveying her gratitude and her ardently growing feelings for him.

They sat there, wrapped in each other's arms, whispering unspoken emotions and stolen kisses with the moon witnessing their vestige of love.

In the tranquil park, she felt her bond with Jake getting deeper. She was ready to face any turmoil that awaits them at the end of the day, with Jake by her side. She had already embarked on a beautiful journey with Jake that would take her to all the littlest and the happiest places, that her younger form desired. She was allowed to be open and vulnerable if it was him, to whom her heart chooses to surrender. Because she knew he would save her.