18.

"Isn't that Lily?" One of the guys chimed in, grabbing Jake's attention as he sat, his body language exuding a sense of detachment from his surrounding.

Startled by the mention of Lily's name, his illusive gaze snapped to attention. He followed the direction where the finger pointed, his gaze narrowing as he tried to locate her amidst the pulsating crowd.  A flicker of curiosity replaced his previous boredom, and he leaned forward as he desperately strained to catch a glimpse of the familiar face. That's when he spotted her, dancing among herself as though she was in her own little world in that pretty red dress, detached from the distraction as she found solace in her own dance. 

For a moment, he got lost in the mesmerizing sight before a snarky remark caught his ears, "Man, she is something else. Showing up after a week and now this."

"She looks desperate. No wonder she got dumped." Another snicker.

Wary of Jake's shifted expressions, Heeseung broke in to redirect the conversation as he spoke, "Why don't we play a game?"

He leaned back, his previous demeanour returned with his countenance somewhat bored and troubled as he suddenly lost interest in playing games. He would occasionally catch himself gazing at her, his eyes glimmering with anticipation. Something was off. Yet he couldn't put his finger on it.

Before he could even peer his eyes off her, their gazes locked with each other, and a fleeting moment of recognition and longing passed between them. It was as though time stood still, and the noise of the club faded into the background. Their emotions buried under the weight of their past resurfaced with a new spark.

It was unsettling. The unfamiliarity in her gaze, as she sipped on her drink with her back against the bar, twitched an impermissible emotion within.

Then he noticed her putting her drink away as she continued to walk in his direction. His heart was racing in uncertainty.

Lily approached the group, her eyes never leaving Jake's as she intervened with a subtle smile playing on her lips, "Mind if I join?

The group fell momentarily silent, caught off guard by Lily's sudden appearance. The atmosphere suddenly got tensed with the weight of their unfortunate shared history hanging in the air.

The girl who was wrapped in Jake's arms spoke up with a knowing smile, "Sure, why not."

There was a  subtle hint of smugness in her tone, a sense of satisfaction that didn't go unnoticed. Jake shifted in his spot uncomfortably, visibly displeased as their heartbreak had become a topic of gossip among their circle.

Lily smiled at Heeseung before settling next to him, their shoulders slightly grazing each other but none of them seemed to mind. Heeseung couldn't smile, let alone look into her eyes. 

With stolen glances, betraying their lingering past, Lily found herself slowly immersed in the present moment. "Truth or Dare?" the same girl from before asked Lily with a canny smile, giving away her dishonest intentions.

With a determined smile, Lily responded, "Dare."

"I dare you to...," she declared, a mischievous smile playing on her lips as her gaze shifted from Jake to Lily, "kiss Heeseung."

Lily hesitated for a moment as she knew her choice held significance to her conduct. Her eyes inadvertently fell on Jake's face and her mind didn't waste a moment in making the most bizarre decision. Her hand gently reached for Heeseung's neck, guiding his face close to her before she leaned in, taking Heeseung by surprise and pulled his lips in a daring kiss.

It was a daring move, her heart admitted. Famished by the vindictive urge dulling her senses, she acted without thinking. The potential consequences of her impulsive act and the overlooked repercussions that she had carried out in the heat of the moment, dawned upon her as she pulled away and abruptly made her exit from the stifling air. 

The room fell into a hushed silence, the air heaving with unspoken emotions. Jake's eyes widened in surprise as he tried to process the gravity of the situation, his heart clenched as he realized the comical depth of the events unfolding before him. Both of them felt caught up in the middle of a bittersweet dance between nostalgia and uncertainty as the brutish echoes of their past collided with the uncharted territory of their present.