15.

Lily lay in Jake's arms, her eyes shut in pure contentment as his breathing caught a melody in her ears. His arms overwhelmed her with a comforting sense of security amidst the cacophony of their erratic heartbeats. With Jake by her side, she felt as though she could withstand any adversity that nature decides to throw their way. At the end of a gruelling day with vexing quests, she would run back into her lover's arms with all her worries melting away as if they were never present, to begin with. 

"Jake," she spoke softly, attempting to pry his hands off her waist, "Let me change into something decent first."

"No need for that," he said, his eyes closed and a playful grin forming on his face, "Because I'll be the one taking that off you tonight."

Lily's flaming cheeks flushed the deepest hue of scarlet at his provocative remarks. She pulled his cap over his eyes so he wouldn't see the effect his words had on her. Freeing herself from his grasp, she playfully threw a pillow at his face with a rosy face, "You are silly," she muttered, her voice betraying her utter astonishment and embarrassment.

Jake chuckled mischievously as the pillow hit his face, momentarily blocking his view. Removing the pillow, his eyes twinkled with amusement and a goofy smile touched the corners of his face as he said, "Guilty as charged, my dear Lily. Silly and utterly infatuated with you."

She couldn't help but chuckle at his frivolous attempts that had her undeniably wrapped around his finger. Jake sat up, head leaning against the headboard as gazed at Lily with pure adoration.

In a split move, his hands lightly tugged at the cincture of her bathrobe, startling Lily before he pulled her by her waist and hovered over her. Lily felt her heart burst with pounding nerves. 

He leaned in, his eyes sparkling with desire and passion, with love filling the distance between them. He eagerly pulled her lips in a tender yet intense kiss, reflecting his ungoverned emotions for her.

It starts as a gentle exploration, their mouths moving in sync, unravelling each other's taste. The kiss deepens, intensifying their longings. Fingers tangled in hair, their hands exploring the contours, unleashing a forbidden desire within.

Lily helped him pull his shirt upwards, revealing a sculptured torso with a light sheen of sweat glistening under the soft light seeping through her bedside window. Without wasting a moment, his lips found hers again with fervour, his kisses growing desperate and urgent.

The world around them seems to fade away as they unravel each other, leaving only the sensations that consumed them. Time loses its significance as they dive deeper into their wanderlust.

He was going to taint her. She knew it, yet, she chose to surrender to her aggravating desires in an attempt to deepen their connection. Their eyes conveyed a thousand unspoken promises; their souls entangling in a moment of passion and vulnerability. In a fleeting moment, she chose to embrace the uncertainty that came along with his whispered promises of vulnerability, love and shared destiny. Once she gives away all of her to him, there's no turning back. The chord of fate that had intertwined their souls, could break with a single touch. A touch of misfortune. A touch that could ignite a flame, would burn her forever with the agonizing sting of a heartbreak.