11.

"You look so hot when you cuss bab━" Lily suppressed his flirty remarks by putting her hand on his mouth, "Hush, not now."  He was pinned to one of the lockers by her. She had a knack for turning the tables. There was a tiny twitch of smirk on his face.

"Someone is coming," she whispered, pensive of the consequences if they were to get caught by one of the students, or worst by one of the faculty members.

A warmth caressed the palm of her hand. She jerked up her head to see an impatient Jake with a silent plea for her attention flickering in those brown eyes. His lips curled up at getting the desired attention. 

He leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss on her palm. 

She felt different sorts of emotions. Tingly because of his fervent gestures of affection on weird occasions, and scared that if the word of their rebellion comes out, she's done for. 

It wouldn't affect Jake, whose clique was already known for its defiance which proved to be mere trivialities in their regard but it'll make her the object of ridicule. 

Jake wasn't averse to occasional dalliance with pretty girls. He liked to be the talk of the town. She wasn't prevaricated from their deceitful grotesques that pretty much foreshadowed her own conviction, but the platonic bond she shared with the boys condoned all the declarations. She was a fool to think that she wouldn't become a pawn in their little game. If anything, they wouldn't do that to her. Especially Jake.

As she glared at him, she felt a chuckle vibrate against her hand. 

This boy, she trusted him like no other.

Jake grabbed her hand before gently removing it from his mouth, as he continued to close the gap between them. His lips met hers in a soft kiss, dispelling all her doubts about him as she melted against his lips.

CREAK. 

The door opened abruptly causing her to freeze on her spot. Jake pulled away from her, his gaze shifting in the doorway's direction. His face tensed up for a brief moment before she noticed a glint of humour dancing in his eyes. 

"Hey, Heeseung," Jake said as he threw a playful grin toward the said boy.

A part of her was relieved to learn that it was one of his friends not another student from the facility, while the other part was rather agitated.

She pushed Jake away and ran a hand through her tousled hair as she stood at a safe distance from him, glancing away as to feign ignorance.

"What were you two doing here?"

"We..." Lily began, unsure of how to respond.

"Well, Heeseung, we were just having a very passionate debate on the intricate art of lip synchronization. You know Professor Howard likes to give us the most interesting topics. Should we demonstrate what we learnt, Lily? What do you say?" Jake boldly interjected.

Her cheeks flushed crimson at his audacity, unsure of how to respond to his statement. She wasn't used to public affection, and she wasn't a fan of it as it merely brought misery to the people around her. She believed that the relationship was something sacred and beautiful that should be shared between two people. Being with Jake was certainly going to change a lot of things.

Heeseung arched his eyebrow that wasn't exactly a condescending one but rather a foolish one. His eyes twinkled with a knowing gleam, something that she wasn't aware of.

Lily, who was too flustered to even utter a word found it best to flee the situation.

"I'll get going first."

Lily took haste steps towards the doorway, but not before catching the look in Heeseung's eyes. It was enigmatic, leaving her with a sense of uncertainty. It was as though he knew something, she should have and didn't.

In a split second, it was all gone.