Page 10

y'all I'm really proud of this chapter so I hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amira was going to have to suck it up and deal with dreaming her own history. She got ready to nap and try to get something back in her mind. She wanted to remember more about Onyx and what happened to him, which was all she thought about as she got ready and laid down.

{"Hey Amira"

"Yea Onyx"

"Do you wanna go somewhere... with me?

"Sure! What are we going to do? Are we gonna raid a mansion, or a temple, or an ocean monument?"

"I was thinking of something more... relaxed"

"Like what?"

"A walk... maybe through that flower forest we found?"

"Sure, let's go!"

Step one of Onyx's mission was a success, invite Amira out, step two however is going to more difficult. He was planning on making a move on Amira but didn't know if she would even understand.

The pair walked out of the cabin in the tundra and headed east on horseback. Heading to the massive flower forest Onyx was talking about.

The forest was surrounded by mountains and forests far as the eye could see. It was a secluded place the two claimed as their own. The hills covered in roses, lilacs, tulips, orchids, and allium. The flowers attracted bees, that built their nests in the tall birch and Oak trees. There was a ravine that split one of the mountains open to reveal an enormous, lush cave. The spore-blossoms released small green particles into the air, making the whole area look more alive. The forest was enchanting, it lured people in with the promise of them never needing to leave again.

As the two descended the tall cliff face, they pulled in the smell of the forest, the damp leaves under the oak trees, the fresh honey from the bee nests, the sweet smell of the tulips, orchids, and allium, mixed with the spicy smell of the roses and lilacs. It was gorgeous. Noon hit as the two finally touched the ground, it was peaceful.

Onyx led his copper-topped friend to the edge of the lush cave and offered her some of the fruit that grew from the roof. The moss making his steps muffled in the echo of the cave.

The cave stretched out far across the valley from below. It was a miracle that the whole place didn't collapse. There were clay pools across the bottom of the cave, axolotls swimming around freely.

As the sun set, Amira rested her head on Onyx's shoulder. He hadn't had the courage to go through with his plan, but he got to spend time with Amira. He couldn't have asked for anything more than to be with her forever. The pair had placed a ladder from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the valley.

Amira fell asleep on the horse ride home, trusting that Onyx wouldn't let go of the lead attached to her horse.}

Amira rose from her bed and reached for her book, quickly writing the lovely dream down. Wondering why Onyx had gone mad, why he had betrayed both his and her ideals? He was a loyal person, so what changed?

She blamed herself mostly, since if she had taken the firework, he wouldn't have died. He wouldn't have been stuck in limbo. And he wouldn't have changed his entire view of the world.

Wilbur died happy, so ghostbur was happy and he came back angry. Jshlatt died angry, so glatt was angry. Tommy died scared, in limbo he was scared, he came back scared. So, did something like that happen with Onyx? Or is he just... different? Did his death do something to him? Why did it take so long for him to respawn?

All questions left answerless in the journal that Amira held dear. She stood up remembering the forest, writing the location and direction of it in her book. She looked at the rosy sun rising over the winding hills, the large spruce trees towering over the plateau below. The cows outside were loud, and the sheep were grazing in their pasture, the free-range chickens running around small rabbits chasing them.

She wanted to see the flower forest herself, wanting to make sure that it wasn't just a dream, that she could trust herself. She wanted to see the beauty of the caves, the rivers, the trees, and the mountains for herself. She wanted to see the world like she did in her dreams, her memories.

She packed a small bag holding necessities, tools, and materials. She took off with Malum heading southeast, her compass having been enchanted to always point to her house, so she didn't have to worry about getting lost. She was determined. She could do this, and she would do this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------