Chapter 1

The sunlight passed through the heavy curtains illuminating the handsome young man’s figure. Suddenly the peaceful image broke when a phone’s ringing sounded.

Hah-

A heavy sigh escaped from the young man’s lips before reluctantly opening his eyes and answering the call.

" D*mn Cal! Are you kidding me?  If si, then please stop joking around. "

The other person shouted. Obviously flustered and anxious.

" What? I dont even have a say now? If I say I'll quit, then that's it. "

The young man snorted while saying those words.

" D*mn you! Do you think it's easy to leave the  Association? "

There was silence.

The other person clearly sounded angry. Cahll heave a sigh before breaking the silence.

" Ralph. I know better than anyone on how the association handles things. From the cleanest til the dirtiest secrets, I know all of it. That's why whether I leave now or later. Isn't it all the same? Sooner or later they'll try to kill me to avoid unnecessary troubles. "

" That- "

" I know what I'm doing. "

Silence

" Hah- I know I can't change your mind. I wouldn't say anything anymore. Take care. "

Tot-

The other person disconnected the call. Cahll bitterly lowered the phone. His job as an Assassin never truly interested him, but what can he do?

For an orphan who doesn't have anything but himself, being able to survive in this harsh and cruel reality is already good. The Association’s Founder, Michael was the only person who reached out his hands towards him.

Michael raised him, he gave him everything an orphan like him could ever wish, except for love. The man saved him, and now his planning on killing him.

Fate truly is cruel. He helped himself up before blankly staring at the empty and cold room before opening the drawn curtains. Pathetic.

He become more muddled the more he spent his life together with Michael. Hoping to obtain his fatherly love, his warmth.

Suddenly, a bullet flashed pass to the now open glass window hitting him. It broke and shattered into countless pieces just like himself broken and hurt.

' If I was given another chance to go back in time. I will still gladly reach out towards your outstretched hands, Dad. '