Chapter 16

“ Rule # 1
      Never reveal your true identity.
Our Job is to quietly Act as Shadows, Not Heroes.
   Rule # 2
   Gather As much Information as you get, Don't Take Risks.
   Rule # 3
   Work Cleanly, Don't leave obvious traces behind. ”

Cahllen Quietly ran past the dense foliage of trees. Lugi's last Words rang through his ears. He was carrying a bulging backpack on his back while running into the woods. His height apparently was modified to be atleast 16 years older. His face looked as ordinary as ever, with curly pale chestnut hair and Emerald eyes, It was a very throughout disguise.

“ As expected of you Magenda. ”

He hummed Stopping on his tracks, He found a relatively big Tree with Wooden Chairs, Sitting on one of those he happily Hugged his Backpack in his lap.

His First Ever Mission, It was truly Exciting!

His ears twitched as he closely listened to the wind. A Breeze Flashed past carrying a slightly damp smell, He Felt The Loud Sound of Vehicles getting closer.

A Black Luxury Car stopped Infront of him. Cars are rarely used in this Era, nowadays, Shuttles, are usually more common. Cars costs a lot more than a shuttle which only some big well-known families can afford, making it even more impossible to access.

The Car Window slowly opened and a pale jittery and wrinkled face of an old man appeared. He glanced at Cahllen and opened his mouth.

“ No. 26? ”

Cahllen slowly nods not minding the Old man's Deadly Stare.

“ Hop In. ”

With that the Window slowly closed and a click sounded and one of the Car's Door slid open revealing the other passengers inside. Five people with different faces and pale complexions was crammed inside.

Cahllen Ignored the stares and casually sat himself. The car started once again and drove to the deepest part of the Forest.

After An entire bumpy Rides the car Finally stopped inside a luxurious Gate. The old man Grabbed the handle of the Car's Door opening it. the five people sitting together with him hastily copied the old man's actions, opening the Car door and anxiously getting out.

One of them, a thin and unremarkable young man whose face was as pale as paper was biting his lips until it bleed. Cahllen silently averted his sight. His purpose was to quietly infiltrate inside the estate while disguising himself as one of the supposed to be newly hired butlers among the 26 candidates.

His goal was to observed for a while before taking his actions.

‘ Arheon Ville ’

A relatively ordinary young man who came from a poor family, His mother was ill in bed, while his father was a drunkard. He has 5 younger siblings, and was the eldest of the family. Left with no choice, he decided to take the opportunity to work inside the Barons Estate.

It was a relatively simple background with poor and uninteresting story. That was his newly acquired identity. It was specifically arranged by none other than Archviel, Cahllen's First Older Brother.