Chapter 18

God seems to be playing a cruel joke against him, Cahllen.

Just after entering the estate, Magenda seems to have fallen into a deep sleep state.

“ Watch out! This estate doesn't seem right. I smell a disgusting stench ”

It was Magenda’s last words before disappearing.

Cahllen slowly stroked his chin.

Stench?

He lightly sniffed the air but failed to notice anything amiss.

Sorting out some of the valuables he bought, he fell into another deep thought.

His disguise was still fine, meaning magenda hasn't totally lost his ability to perceive the outside world.

Something might have noticed magenda’s existence, something much more stronger than them.

After all, forcing a Magicule who has lived for hundreds of years to fall into a deep sleep is not something everyone can casually do.

He was suppose to used magenda’s existence to probe and obtain enough information before proceeding to his original mission.

Unfortunately, an unexpected accident like this actually happened.

If this case truly involves something that is simply on a whole new level from him, then his first ever mission might really fail even before it starts.

Cahllen hesitatingly clutched the shiny silver earring in his left ear.

It was a message device disguised as a jewelry. It could send a message from thousands of miles away.

Interestingly enough, it could still function well inside a gate. Which made it's value in the near future skyrock.

Of course such information was only known after more than a hundred chapters in the novel.

Which means, he is currently the only one who knows it's true value.

He didn't bought this himself though, Archviel, his older brother gave it to him before he left for his first ever mission.

“ Bring it. It's something that you might need. ”

Archviel muttered those words before walking away.

Cahllen sighed before pressing it.

No matter what, he was not a child anymore. He might be inside a four year old’s body but his current mentally is that of an adult.

Pride wouldn't led him anywhere in this crazy world. No matter what, he was rational enough to know that the situation was simply out of his control.

It's not something that a fledgling like him could solve on his own.

“ Brother, I need your help. ”

---------------------

At the Wolver Family's Estate.

Archviel lifted his lips up after hearing his younger brothers plead for help.

This kid is quite smart.

That he obviously quickly noticed something was amiss.

He remembered his father's words the day before he gave the silver earrings in Cahllen hands.

“ Give it to him. As long as he presses the button he passes. ”

Lugi’s back was reflected in his, Archviel’s eyes.

If one ask’s him to describe his father.

Then he'll answer...

His an Iron wall..

A cold blooded person..

Cruel..

And selfish..

But in that very moment, he saw.

He saw his father smile sincerely for the first time.

Their father didn't seem to be as crazy as he portrayed himself to be.

He looks more humane..

More like every ordinary father looking after his children.

——————————
A/N: How was it? It's been a long time y’all. I was currently facing a challenge called ‘graduation’ and ‘schoolworks’, yep I was feeling so much pressure even till now that I didn't even have the urge to write. Even now my school works has piled up into a big ball of problems. It would probably take a long time for me to be able to write next time again, since until December is our final exam. So I will be busy for a very long time. Anyway I just hoped you like this chapter which I had been wracking my mind to write for quite awhile.