Chapter 10

Cahllen hummed a song while walking towards the long corridors. The talk between the father and son ended up with Cahllen's Success.

Suddenly, his mood soured up again after remembering Lugi's words. In fact as the saying goes ' There's no such thing as Free Meals in this World ' bore true. Lugi agreed raising his pocket money in exchanged for some newly made rules.

First, he needed to report his whereabouts Everyday.

Second, No skipping Classes.

He admits it, for a twenty old guy like him to go back to kindergarten was truly shameful. From the Start, He truly didn't have any plans on going back to school but it seems like he was seen through by his old man.

For the third and last, Sweets are consumed one piece per day.

Bah, What a sham. He once heard how worse The Former Cahllen's Sweet Addiction was, though it wasn't really mentioned in the book, given how unimportant his role was in this novel.

Cahllen's Sweet Addiction wasn't considered on a normal level anymore. It can't be controlled, Can't be Stopped, As if some kind of life saving elixir that he needed to consume. Even he was implicated, Though if there is one thing he has to be thankful, it's probably how no matter what he ate he never gets fat. After All A Fat Assassin Truthfully doesn't fit in with his job, given that he needed to blend into the crowd, being too fat can sometimes gain you more attention. Well, Fat is also good. Just not for him though.

Now, his body seeks the Sweet taste, that ordinary food becames dull tasting to him. Like chewing rubber, it was totally unappetizing.

Arriving at his room he slumped his body towards his bed. The entire room automatically lits up, Giving Life towards the dark and lifeless room. Beige curtains fluttered as the wind swept past the open balcony, The Soft and cozy White sheets and bedding made him appear softer, A Simple incarnate Bookshelves filled with various Books of all genre, A Coffee table with a cute Chair and a soft Beige Carpet rolled in the floor. The Fireplace was lit giving the entire room a warm atmosphere. Lastly the glass Shelf filled entirely with Candies, Boxes of Macarons, And other sweet stuffs. His mouth watered without him noticing.

" AutoProvice. "

As if on cue a blue light screen flashed a few times. Automatic Transmission Projection Device ( ATPD ). It is considered as another alternative of Televisions here. People usually calls it ' AutoProvice '. It's practical use was not just to act as a TV but more often as CCTV's as well. As A Futuristic Novel, Bright. There are certain things or practices that doesn't exist in his former world. Such as The TechnoChip embedded in their DNA even before their birth serving as Identity Cards. This is The So Called ' Interstellar Era ' where Technology rules over Everything. It makes life easier but in turn makes people dumb, forgetting simple practices such as Washing Dishes. People living in this world is highly dependent in Technology and rarely engages in extreme work. That said there is still some of those stubborn Families which stubbornly held up the former practices. Such as The Wolvers, And the Male Lead's Family.

Mechas, Battleships, Light Screen Device's, Extremely Realistic VR Games, A.I's, Service Robots, Livebroadcasting, and many more. You name all of it.

Opening the news channel, he hugged up his pillow while staring intently at the screen.

" A Suspicious Change Of Weather in Millian, According to the National States Of Millian, The Entire Place is Experiencing the extreme Dropping Temperature. The State of Michellian has found a suspicious black gate who appeared out of nowhere. The City is currently in a state of chaos. The Government has yet to respond "

Cahllen's eyes flee open as he stared wide eye towards the news flashing past. The entire Millian was photo was attached at the very center of the screen. The city was surrounded by black and blue ominous fog, Some buildings was destroyed as the Black hole thing suspends in the mid air. It was oozing with evil and terrifying aura.

The Gate.