Guilt (Chapter 17)

not quite sure how I feel about this chapter... but I think it's fairly well written ;)

anyways, i say this each time i update, but SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG! I SWEAR, I DON'T DO IT INTENTIONALLY! AND I LOVE YOU!

anyways, the beginning is a bit mysterious and stuff.... I HOPE YOU ENJOY! :))

                    ------------------------------------------------

                                              POV

  Should I? No. Yes I should. No. Oh, fuck it.

  I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door.

  Something inside of me just yelled. It sounded something like ‘don’t give up’, but I didn’t really believe that it was my brain saying that. I don’t remember turning this sappy. The thing saying that was probably just my conscience, whatever that might be.

  My feet moved quicker than ever in my life and it felt like I was flying pass the trees and cars and whatnots. It seems like my body was agreeing with that decision. Maybe I should’ve done this a long time ago.

   I hadn’t really realized where I was going until my feet suddenly stopped, startling me a bit, when I stood in front of a completely wrong house. One that I had not planned on visiting anytime soon.  I backed a way a bit and felt my gaze turn up the two floor building. I guess it was too late to turn back now, and maybe I could just pop up and say hi without it being weird. I was already there, so why not just stop being such a goddamn wussy and do something about it.

  My feet walked themselves back to the front door and my hand raised up, pushing the clean white doorbell.

  There were loads of things going through my mind. For an example, what would I say to whoever answered. It could be his mom, a sibling, just some relative, but what I didn’t expect was him in all his glory opening the door.

  Okay, maybe I lied about the glory part.

  It seemed to be a lazy day for him so instead of wearing something cool and different like he did from time to time he was wearing baggy pants and a big wife beater, which looked goddamn good on him- which was coming from me.

  He seemed to be realizing who I was after a minute of staring and I felt myself chuckle because, wow, this was a very weird situation.

  “So, uh, hi.” I awkwardly said to the other boy, coughing to try to clean the air.

  “Um, hi…” he replied, just as surprised by my actions as I was. But after a minute he seemed to get an idea of why I was here, and he seemed to not like it. Not at all. “Look if you’re goi-”

  I cut him off before he could continue.

  “No, relax, I’m not going to mention it.”

  He calmed down instantly and looked at me in curiosity.

  “You want to come inside, or…?” he asked after a minute of silence. I wouldn’t exactly say that it was uncomfortable, but I’ve had nicer through the years.

  “Yeah, that would be great.” I replied in relieve, at least getting rid of some of the tension.

  He led me into the living room and told me to wait on the sofa while he went into the kitchen and made what smelt to me like hot chocolate. A man by my heart.

  A few minuets later he returned back with two cups  in his hands, and I was proved right. He had even put small marshmallows and whipped cream into it.