New school & new people (Chapter 1)

SO! this is the second chapter in this and I was personally pretty happy bout' the outcome! :33
Hope you enjoy it!! :33

                                              ------------------------------------------------------------------

“Zayn. Wake up you lazy head”

I grunted and rolled over hiding my head in the pillow. I heard mom sigh and stand up. When she went down stairs I grinned to myself. Zayn 1 - Mom 0. I hugged my pillow and pulled the bed covers higher up. There were step coming from outside my door but all my attention was on my bed. The door creaked open and the covers were quickly torn from me. I was about to protest when I felt something ice cold on me. I let out a not so manly yelp and stood up shaking all the wet coldness from my body. When I looked up I saw mom standing there with an empty glass and a satisfied grin. Zayn 1 - Mom 100.

  I gave her a grumpy look but she just laughed it away.

  “it’s the first day of school and I don’t want you to be late.” she said with an amused grin while I stood there soaked. “I know how long it takes you to get ready.”

  With that she left and I sighed defeated. I showered quickly and styled my hair in my usual quiff. When I was satisfied enough I dressed in beige chinos, a plain white shirt and my usual Varsity Jacket.

  When I went downstairs I saw that everyone was already eating breakfast. I took a seat beside Doniya and she gave me a wink. “Handsome as always, Zayn”

  “Right back atcha sis.”

  “So kids, aren’t you all excited for school” dad asked us with a smile. 

   With that Safaa jumped on her seat and started telling us how much she was excited to get new friends, and Waliyha and Doniya agreed. When dad realized that I hadn’t answered the table went quiet and everyone’s eyes were shining with worry. 

  “Zayn. This year is going to be different.” dad said with his hand on my shoulder. “If not you have to promise to let us know. Okay?”

  “Yeah” I answered and sent him a small smile.

  “Talking about school, we don’t want you to be late so you better hurry.” Mom quickly said changing the subject. 

  Mom drove us to school and wished us all good luck, commenting specially on how this year was going to be so much better. I really hope so.

  The girls all went to different directions so I was left there, standing alone in front of the school. Watching over the kids I noticed all the different cliques. The popular kids, the hippies, the Goths, the drug addict looking, the nerds, the loners and of course the people who everyone would call the ‘normal’ kids. I must have really looked lost and out of place because a girl my age started walking towards me smiling friendly. She had blond hair in a red hair bandana. She was wearing high waist dark blue shorts with suspenders and a Nirvana tank top tugged in. She didn’t have much makeup on which Zayn definitely liked. She was plain beautiful. 

  When she reached him she smiled brightly and waved.

  “Hello, my name is Perrie” The girl, Perrie, said in a friendly voice. “You’re new here, aren’t you?”

  “Yeah.” I said and shyly looked at the ground. “I’m Zayn”

  “Well, Zayn, do you need any help?” she asked and the friendly tone was still there.