tentative return

violet

when mr Bang called me back this afternoon, i did not expect him to say what he did. he told me that namjoon of all people, came to him and asked for me to come back. i thought immediately that he wanted me back because i was the one he was taking his anger out on but Bang explained that he promised that him and the others would not treat me like that again and if they did, actions would be taken. he even scolded me a little for not letting him or sejin know what was happening.

i spent the rest of the weekend not relaxing. i was now stressing and had anxiety about going back. now that they knew i tried to leave, things would be awkward. although i knew i wanted to go back. i don't know why, but i feel connected to these men. i felt like if i actually left, something would be missing from me.

sunday night, i packed all my stuff back up and made sure everything was neat and orderly in the house so that when i left in the morning, i could just make the bed and leave. my anxiety was so high thought that i tossed and turned all night. yeah, i felt connected to the men but i didn't want to take any more abuse.

morning came and i made the drive back to the building. i needed to speak with mr. Bang before going back to the house. i knocked on his door.

"hello, violet. are you feeling better about things today?" he asked me as i entered.

"a little, sir. honestly, i am anxious. i want to work here, but i won't take anymore abuse from him or any of the others. i don't deserve that. if it happens again, i will take my leave and there won't be any coming back. i'm sorry."

"no need to apologize, dear girl. i'm just glad you agreed this time. after i was told what was going on, i couldn't believe you didn't just walk away. i have been given the promise that nothing like this will happen again. are you agreeing to stay?"

i nodded.

"do you want to go back to the house or to the studio?"

"i would like to drop my things off at the house first. i can sejin send me lunch orders and i can pick it up on my way back. kill two birds with one stone."

"sounds excellent. glad to have you back, violet."

i smiled at him and left his office and headed back outside to my car. the drive to the house was uneventful and i noticed that the house was still clean. no pillows on the floor or clothes everything. not even any dirty dishes in the sink.

i went back into my room and replaced my clothes back into the dresser and closet and dropped my toiletries off at the dressing table and the bathroom. i stashed my bags back under the bed. i made sure i had my messenger bag with laptop and tablet. i made sure to look in the living room for a charger for jungkook and taehyung. a stuffed animal just in case and grabbed some chips for the other guys. the pens and paper i had gotten for yoongi were already in my bag.

sejin texted right as i was grabbing my keys to head back out. i stopped at the restaurant and picked up the food and went back to the building.

i walked down the hall to the same conference room that i had stormed out of before and my anxiety started to kick in more. i took a couple of deep breaths before sending sejin a message that lunch was set up in the conference room.

i grabbed my food and bag and sat in the corner of the room. i wouldn't be noticed when they came in and that was fine with me.

a few moments later, the all filed in and i was correct that i wouldn't be noticed. no one saw me as i had setup their food so that there backs would be to me. unless someone moved, i wouldn't be seen. sejin is the only one to see me and i made a motion for him to keep it to himself.

"how did you get lunch here so fast? who set it up?" jin asked.

sejin cut his eyes to me subtly and i gave a slight nod, letting him know that it was okay to tell them it was me.

"um, violet actually went to get it and set it up for you guys." he said.

"really?!" jungkook asked. "she's back? joon didn't make her leave for good?"

"really. she's back."

i saw namjoon's shoulders sag.

"i'm glad. i'm such an asshole. i have a lot of apologizing to do."

"yes, you do. you were awful to her and she was nothing but sweet. we also have to apologize to her. we were mean for ignoring her. we may be soulmates, but we can't block all other relationships." jimin said.

i almost couldn't stop the gasp that threatened to leave my mouth. they were soulmates. that made so much more sense of the things i had seen and heard in the house. why didn't they just tell me? did namjoon get angry because he thought i was trying to take his mates from him when we flirted back and forth? it was all in fun but i wouldn't do that anymore.

"where is she? did she not want to eat lunch with us?" jin asked, sadly.

before sejin could answer, i cleared my throat. 7 heads swiveled in my direction so fast i thought for sure they would have whiplash.

"violet!"

namjoon was the first one out of his chair, heading my way. my anxiety skyrocketed. i shrunk back in my seat and he stopped in front of me. when nothing happened, i looked up and saw him looking at me with the saddest look in his eyes. he knelt in front of me.

"violet. i am so so sorry for the way i treated you. i was an ass and you didn't deserve any of it. i don't know what came over me. i swear i am not normally like that. i am more like the person i was when we first met. i'd like to be friends, if you we could."

i looked at him for moment before answering. "i thought we were becoming friends when i first started but then you guys pulled away and you were so mean. i don't want to go through that again. i started to be your friend, and you pulled away again, i will leave and i won't come back. that was cruel." i don't know where i got the courage to say all of that but i'm glad i did.

"i swear i promise we will never do that again. this is all my fault. i wouldn't let anyone else get close to you." he almost sobbed.

"they are your soulmates. i get it. we used to flirt a lot. i won't do that anymore if it makes you feel threatened. i don't know why you guys didn't tell me. i would have been more polite instead of-"

"flirting?" taehyung said with a giggle.

i chuckled. "yeah."

"i hate to break it to you violet, but that is kind of our personalities. we flirt constantly. we won't take it seriously if you won't but i use to have fun going back and forth with you." hoseok said with a wink.

"so can we be friends?" namjoon asked.

"yeah. i can give being friends a chance."

cheers were heard around the room.

"come sit next to me,violet." jungkook said.

i grabbed my box and made my way over to the table. instead of sitting next to him, i sat across. i watch as his bottom lip poked out in a pout.

"don't pout. i can't sit next to you without it being cramped. i sat across so i can see you."

he smiles at me and i feel my heart flutter. what have i gotten myself into?